“a fortnight chill out”

Hotel Palia Don Pedro
Reviewed October 11, 2012

the food was excellent and replenishedas others have said a bit dated but everywhere was very clean,staff worked extremely hard and not many of them,they were very helpful the animation team were excellent with several activities going on at the same time.A s i was a solo traveller i was a bit concerned as hadnt been to the area before but neednt have worried as it was perfectly safe in the area around the hotel and las galletas i was fine. i had a very large appartment the bed very comfortable which is a bonus for me towels and bedding changed reguarly alltogether a very good two weeks away as the food and drinks i found excellent too

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank RINGSTEAD99

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, I stayed last year with a group of friends and this time with my husband. The hotel is dated but it is clean and the food is always fresh and well prepared. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and the drinks were good, quite strong and the bar staff and restaurant staff were all lovely and friendly and very efficient. The entertainment staff worked very hard and were friendly if not the greatest dancers!! We stayed in the hottest summer for 70 years and this made the rooms very hot as there is no air conditioning or fan in the rooms. The beds are tyical Spanish hotel beds according to my tall husband, meaning that for anyone over about 5ft 10 they are too short. The pool was clean and cool but hard to find shade, the sunbeds were a bit past their best but still serviceable. We like to get out and about and were able to walk to Las Galletas and to the bars and restaurants just along the road and at Coral Mar (try the Coral Bar the food is fantastic). The only reason that this isn't a 5 star review is because after 8 days of our break when our room had been cleaned beautifully,the cleaner on the last two days decided to rummage through our stuff, clothes, toiletries and a new handbag I had bought although nothing was stolen, just not what we had expected. We didn't pay a huge amount for thsi holiday and the hotel exceeded expectations most of the time. It is an excellent budget holiday destination.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank backchat
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just one recommendation : Avoid this Hotel !
The food are bad, the rooms are dirty and the location of the hotel is not convenient.
One more thing, there is no beach!
The hotel have one pool.
The cafe is disgusting.
There is no fruits in the break fast, neither real pure juice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Ileyasse E
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Well I have just got back from a weeks all inclusive and after reading reviews on here I was very worried to say the least but my boyfriend and I had the best stay :) We arrived on 30th August 2012 and were greeted by a very helpful man on reception, I was aware of the €10 wristband charge so we paid that and were given the key to our room. We were on the 1st floor so had a lovely view. I did notice some of the rooms on the ground floor near the pool were very shaded so yes you may want to swap if you get offered one of those initiallly. We never had any issues with cockroaches, in fact I only saw 2 the entire holiday and they were when we were out in the town. Our room was nice and clean and was cleaned daily, clean towels put out about 3 times while we were there. The room didn't have a fan and was quite hot but again we asked at reception and they were very helpful and said a few of the rooms have ceiling fans and they could swap us the next day but to be honest we liked our room location so we stayed put. The restaurant had plenty of choice, and the food was warm. Breakfast was my only let down, small hot dog sausages and boiled eggs one day, then bacon and fried eggs the next but there were quoissants and toast so you always had something to eat, and the chef always made sure the trays were replenshed quickly so you didn't have to wait for anything. Yes there are alot of french that go here, we had no problem with anyone though apart from a group of 6 young french people that arrived about 3 days before we left who were quite rude and annoying and had no respect for anyone else on the complex when they were shouting their heads off at about 3am but we just ignored them and thankfully they seemed to go out alot. The staff did their best to anounce everything in French, spanish, english & polish so everyone knew what was going on and they were very friendly, always asking you to join in the activities like aquagym and archery and they were very funny. We walked to Las Galletas a couple of times which took about 15 mins, it's a nice small place, on the sea front we got a pint of lager in a frozen glass for €1.50, definitely can't moan at that :) You can also get the bus to Los Christianos which we did on market day on the Sunday. Bus was about €4 return for the 2 of us and took about 20 mins. Some nice restaurants there. On the evenings the entertainment finished at about 10.30 when the all inclusive stopped. We walked out the hotel to the right and there are a few bars down there open late. Very 1st bar (can't remember the name) is run by spanish it think, (bright orange walls) and played really cool jazz music, really liked it there. the next 2 bars, Our Place and Tenerife Sun Bar are ran by english. In fact Our place was packed full of english, karaoke most nights, but was good for a few late beers. This area is quiet but that's what we wanted, we could get a bus to Los Cristianos then if we wanted busy hussle and bussle. Also, we didn't bother with a transfer as we were only 15mins from the airport. We got a taxi from outside the airport which cost us €25 to the hotel, when we were leaving though we asked reception to book us a taxi back to the airport and it was cheaper at only €17. Either way though, much better than being stuck on a coach :)
Overall we had a really lovely time, weather was beautiful, early 30's every day, so hot. Food was nice, staff were nice, had a really nice holiday. Anyway, hope i haven't bored you but after reading some of the bad reviews on here i wanted people to know that we had a lovely time and it wasn't anything like that. Considering this is only a 2* resort, I thought it was fab :)

Room Tip: Would definitely try and get a room off the ground floor, mainly so you have a view, plus we has no...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It was November 11 when I stayed and was very happy with every asspect of my stay. A week all inclusive for the price I paid I wasn't expecting a lot. Just needed a break away and had a great time. The food was great. Breakfast, lunch and evening meals had plenty of choice and the snacks were great all day too. Plenty of choice with the drinks too. The room was very nice and the beds comfy with maids cleaning every day. The pool and bar area was very clean always and the staff very helpful. The evening entertainment was also good with a good range from kareoke to quiz nite. There was something different everyday to do like archery and cooking and shooting. I went with a friend but plan to return with my wife and two children very soon. Even when the bar closed there were some great bars within a ten minute stroll down the road. Once again I can't praise the hotel enough, well worth every penny.

Room Tip: The rooms with separate bedrooms are better but if it's just for sleeping the any room is good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my friends new that it wouldn't be the best hotel ever because it was so cheap, we wasn't expecting the staff to be so rude and arrogant! It is run by French people and it seemed as though they favoured only the French guests. I can understand a little French and I heard them speaking in there own language saying "too many English here". The food wasn't the best iv ever tasted but I would say its ok for the price. The rooms were good and they were cleaned on a regular basis but we was aware of a couple burglaries that happend during our stay their. Overall I would never stay here again! Or advise anyone else to do so unless you are French.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Kytey
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel itself and the rooms are dated and in a need of refurbishment. A big minus is a lack of the air con , so be careful when you book for the hottest months! We stayed in October and it was fine most of the time, we were fine with the ceiling fan, but our room was on the cool ground floor. People on the upper floors complained about the hot.
The pool is nice, plenty of sunbeds.
The food is lovely!
I would not come back for the simple reason that Costa Silencio is too quiet and getting the bus or a taxi every time i want to go out is not an option. Also lack of the beach was a big minus.
But if you just want to chill out at the pool with a drink and nice food - this hotel is something for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Playa de la Arena
Blue Sea Interpalace
Blue Sea Interpalace
#69 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Hotel Palia Don Pedro? Share your experiences!