“Met my requirements with no horror stories!”

Apartments Alondras Park
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ok so here is the truth...I was really anxious after reading reviews AFTER I had booked into these apartments. My requirements were for somewhere clean and functional to lay my head during a diving trip and I didn't expect to spend much time in the apartment nor yet the complex. I was hoping to keep my costs down.
Pro's: Large 2 floor apartment with balcony. Clean and obviously cleaned twice in my week. Toaster and Kettle (plus other stuff I didn't need) available for deposit. Clean linen every other day. Hot water and functional shower (all bar one morning when I was rising earlier and they were probably filling the pool so the pressure dropped and for a while the water stopped). Free wifi in the reception (though I never got it to work properly). The best Restaurant in the complex (see my separate review on the 'Chicken Shack').
Con's: I was in A217 which faced onto the road and between 3 and 4 in the night/morning, every morning, the dustbins/recycling bins were emptied - the vans woke me every night I didn't have earplugs in and they hung around for 10-15 mins. Also for anyone wanting a lie-in or staying in the apartment for longer periods, the Parrot belonging to the owner next door would have annoyed them with its calls from 7am onwards but for me this was not an issue. Limited cooking facilities - 2 hob rings, no oven or microwave, and the utensils were a little limited - no sharp knives and the tin opener provided blunt and no good, cups not mugs but sufficient to cope. The beds single cot style with uncoordinated but clean bedding, and not particularly comfortable with mattresses that shifted every night but again ok.
General impressions: I didn't use the pool or sunbeds so cannot comment but the area looked clean and well tended. The gardens that surround the apartments are impressive and tended. I didnt see any fitness or spa facilities though I think I saw a poster advertising spa treatments. The apartments are a mix of local ownership and tourists but this did not phase or affect me, though the Parrot and a few dogs were obviously a consequence which adds noises you perhaps wouldn't usually have to contend with in a hotel. They charged individually for the safe, TV viewing, and wifi in your apartment ( I didn't bother with any of these and stuck with my music). They would have charged 20 Euros for extending check-out beyond 10am apparantly until 6pm, though they couldn't accommodate my request so I suggest you need to ask early. The area (Costa del Silencio) is generally quiet and many of the restaurants and bars are run by English expats, that said there is plenty of choice within a 5-20 min radius walk. There are several supermarkets well stocked and with plenty of British brands too; milk tends to be UHT as the local fresh stuff turns within 24 hrs I was told.
So in sum: this was definitely value for money. I saw no unwanted wildlife in the apartments, and nothing appeared unserviceable. You just need to accept that goods, linens, furnishings and the bathrooms are just tired and not of hotel standard. Given all I have said and that Atlantic Divers (see separate review) were almost next door, I would go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: 'A' block runs along the road and the bin emptying every night makes this less desirable for...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
HotelAlondrasPark, Community Manager at Apartments Alondras Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear costumer,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Alondras Park. Thanks for sharing your opinion. We take note of your suggestions that help us improve. Hope to see you again here. You can follow our news through our Facebook.
Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Apartments Alondras Park

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just back from a week in the sun! Alondras is great value for money, super nice staff, great pools & a fantastic pool bar with a great bartender! Hope to go back some time! Silencio is quiet but suited us perfectly for a chilled out week. Great bus service to Los Cristantios & Americas!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ilovetae
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The apartments are built around a nice safe pool area. Security of the complex is good. Many of the apartments are privately owned. The pools are good for adults and children alike. The pool bar is very reasonable with a three hour "happy hour" every afternoon between three and six. I imagine it could be quite noisy in the peak period. The apartment itself (I stayed in C Block 210 1st floor) was spacious with a very good balcony with two chairs and a table and nice view of the pool area. I didn't intend to cook, which I think is just as well. The equipment level is minimal and basic and anything above this needs to be hired from reception (refundable). The apartment was clean with maid service. Overall, it was good value for money, but do not expect luxury. It is not luxury accommodation, but I wanted a comfortable bed and a shower/bathroom with reliable hot water to stay for a break. It filled this bill. There is WiFi available with access across the whole complex for 6e per day or 20e per week. Good places to eat and walk to nearby. Try the Coral Commercial area within a few yards and within that, La Terraza for Spanish and the Coral Bar for English, including a decent breakfast. A short walk towards nearby Las Gallatas, about a quarter mile away is a nice restaurant called Totem Pizzeria. Excellent steaks as well as a varied menu. Had a good stay. Enjoyed it and the staff were extremely helpful. If you accept the principle you get what you pay for, you'll enjoy.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a one bedroom apartment.

The apartment was slightly below 'basic'. The kitchen units and fridge door did not close properly. I think it would have been difficult to cook on the two ring hob, and not sure if the pots/pans etc would have been adequate. The bathroom was very dated. One of our towels had a hole in the middle. The cover on the bed was very cheap and thin. Kettles, microwaves, irons etc are hired from reception as extra.

On a positive note. The apartment was a good size, clean with maid service twice a week. Very nice large terrace. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The pool area was good with two very nice clean pools. The pool bar served decent food with a happy hour. All the staff were very friendly.

Overall it was perfect for us. We didn't intend to cook, we knew by the price we wouldn't get luxury. We wanted a cheap chill out week with a few decent restaurants and that is exactly what we got.

We wanted a cheap chill-out week in the sun.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelAlondrasPark, Commuity Manager at Apartments Alondras Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear costumer,
Thanks for sharing your experience in Alondras Park Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the room, the food and the treatment of our staff. We hope you return soon.
Best regards

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A basic hotel but good value. Rooms cleaned twice in 5 days. Could do with a bit of updating, especially the kitchen and bathroom. However, for the money what do you expect?! Staff amazing!!! Owners of the pool bar are great, made us feel very welcome. Area really nice and relatively quiet. Couple of good restaurants-check out trip advisor reviews.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nessa4218
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Basic hotel with all nesecary stuff. Appartments very spacious, staff friendly and helpful. Not very good location (no sand beach) but very good bus service to other resorts. Very good for families.
Dont expect 5* service because you are paying for 2*.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is basic and can be dated in areas, however this was reflected in the cost we paid. I was worried about previous reviews, however was pleasantly surprised when we got to the hotel. Reception staff could not have been more helpful when we arrived, very welcoming.

The hotel was clean and rooms were spacious overlooking the pool area. The pool area was great with a pool bar that has a happy hour everyday perfect for those sunny days.

There was a restaurant inside the hotel called the chicken shack that serves good food for a fraction of the price. Can get busy though so best to book.

The area is quiet, however there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and if you walk further there is more bars. If you are looking for clubbing there is nothing in this area, although there is a bus stop 5 minutes walk away and is easy to get to Los Christinos or Las Americas if you want more life.

Room Tip: Chicken Shack and the pool bar is a winner!!! Happy Hour is between 3 - 6pm
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
#16 of 81 in Puerto de la Cruz
Hotel Sun Holidays
Hotel Sun Holidays
#21 of 81 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Apartments Alondras Park? Share your experiences!