“Be very wary of this resort!!!!”

Jerejak Rainforest Resort
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Bayan Lepas
Singapore
“Be very wary of this resort!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2006

I booked a chalet on through expedia [""] to stay with my family, and received an email confirmation of the booking. On this basis I booked flights to Penang.

As we were going to be a late check-in I emailed the resort to let them know. I received an email back simply saying they were fully booked. Huh? I wondered.

I duly called and the front of house staff had no record of our reservation, and put me through to reservations. "Sorry, no one there, we will get them to call you back...."

After waiting for 2 days and no answer I called again, and was put through to the reservations. Yes, they had our booking, yes, the chalets were fully booked, and they had booked us into a hotel room (four of us in one room!). Did we want to keep the reservation?

I checked on expedia [""] - and yes the chalet deal was still 'available' for booking.

After thinking about it for a couple of days I decided it was time to cut our losses, and cancel the reservation. Of course, this means we incur cancellation charges on our flights, which made me more upset at the resort's business practices.

In summary - the resorts conduct could be described as misleading and deceptive. Be very, very careful about confirming that you will get what you asked for! If I had not contacted the resort out of courtesy we would have been in for a rude shock.

• Stayed May 2006
9 Thank Brochr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2005

A very good day to all member from Trip Advisor!

I was been visit to Ralau Pinang Jerejak Resort on 2/12/2005 and stay for 3D/2N.

I was very unhappy to this resort since the first step i make reservation direct to there sales representative. I've try to sent more the 5 email but never get back and reply from them until i try to call them directly but i almost wait more then 20 mins over the phone with keep on internal transfer my call to different department!

The second step was i waited more than 1 ½ hours mean 90 mins to received my room key! Me and my whole family total 8 person with 4 children waiting over the lobby for 90 mins. Do you guys think is acceptable? I don't think so!

The third step was: i have provide some photo what I've taken from the resort to show your how clean was their F&B outlet.

The fourth step was we received a very rude attitude services from their F&B staff. We never eat beef food so we order chicken food from this outlet, but they make wrong order then we request to change it back! But they just said some rude words to us!
“Itu orang cina banyak trouble” in English mean “This kind of Chinese people very trouble”
Will you ever can imagine that you will received this kind of services when you are in a gateway with your family?

So please pay attention to this Resort.

Thanks for viewing!

Bayview Beach Resort
Bayview Beach Resort
#7 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,654 reviews

Been to Jerejak Rainforest Resort? Share your experiences!