I booked a weekday one night stay at the resort during the March Matta Fair 2008.
I found the service provided by the hotel is good. My deluxe-room is spacious. Even the bathroom is spacious and clean. The room was furnished with Balinese style and it is truly a resort for honeymoon couple who prefer to have a quiet and peaceful holiday.
The food served is suitable for all but I find those few `stalls' outside the restaurant a little bit unhygienic where flies are flying around and on the food.
There are no interesting places to see on the island. I tried to look for the ruins of the old buildings after walking for some 30 minutes but turned back as there is no signboard and the path was blocked by clearing of hill. I wonder what is planning on the other side of this island.
Amazingly, one could hear the cars noises from the mainland.
In all, the resort is more suitable for companies to hold seminars, team building and Penangites couples who prefer to save more by travelling due to fuel hike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful tropical island set amidst virgin jungle, Pulau Jerejak is every nature lover's dream come true! Coupled with her rich historical background, a holiday here promises to be refreshingly different.Relics and artifacts share a home with the rich flora and fauna of this island.Get ready for an adventure as you step into one of the few remaining rainforests of Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jerejak Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jerejak Rainforest Hotel Bayan Lepas
- Jerejak Hotel Penang
- Jerejak Rainforest Resort Penang/Bayan Lepas