Ill start by saying that this place is beautiful. It's huge, the location is great, there is forest and beach and two really nice swimming pools. However, when we booked online, we saw a timetable for the boat that takes you to Penang island. This was not the same schedule as the one currently running, there were far fewer boats to and from the hotel and this put huge stress on the whole holiday. There is next to nothing at the hotel, there is a restaurant which had only a few items on the menu.. None of which were suitable for vegetarians and actually none of which were available anyway because they had buffet parties every night as far as we saw, which we were never previously informed about.
We found the staff to be quite useless. When you arrive on the boat you have all your luggage and there is no one to meet you, you have to walk to reception through gardens and you don't know where you're going (we also arrived at night, which probably made it seem worse than it was). One member of staff demanded money upon our arrival even though we had documents showing we had prepaid. This member of staff also lied to us regarding avalibilty of buses to the airport. The first bus that happened to come by was going to the airport!
There was a problem with our room too. When we arrived we were told we would be put in a different room from the one we booked for two days and then would have to change. Unfortunately, this meant we had to pack our things up and change rooms at 11pm on Christmas eve... The first room had the potential to be fantastic with a balcony and lots of space, beautiful furniture but except most of the lightbulbs didn't work, there was only a dribble of water from the faucet, the air conditioning leaked, and it was filthy with dust, leaves and the previous occupants socks.
The second room was much cleaner and newer, but only one out of about 5 or 6 plug sockets worked! The cleaners came to make the beds.. And didn't go into the bathroom. We had no toilet paper for two days and had to buy our own, when we asked reception, they had trouble understanding us.
Overall, the place has the potential to be great, but it seemed like none of the staff have any idea what they're doing, from management to housekeeping! It caused us stress, and not what you want on holiday ideally!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful tropical island set amidst virgin jungle, Pulau Jerejak is every nature lover's dream come true! Coupled with her rich historical background, a holiday here promises to be refreshingly different.Relics and artifacts share a home with the rich flora and fauna of this island.Get ready for an adventure as you step into one of the few remaining rainforests of Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jerejak Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jerejak Rainforest Hotel Bayan Lepas
- Jerejak Hotel Penang
- Jerejak Rainforest Resort Penang/Bayan Lepas