All reviews golf course the club lounge shuttle service tropical garden koi pond view restaurant golf club beautiful pool business trip free shuttle japanese restaurant batu ferringhi fitness center pool side queensbay mall room was spacious george town
Reviewed December 3, 2010

(1) The Location

The taxi can be easily chartered at the airport, costing around RM 25+ (If I'm not mistaken). The hotel location is quite strategic, a bit uphill, away from all the congestion, but still is very close to the heart of the city.

(2) The Hotel Lobby

This is the part where it exceeded my expectations. I stayed in Equatorial before, but in Malacca. It was nothing like this! The looks of the hotel is really nice and the lobby is spacious and clean.

(3) Front Desk Service

They really took their time checking-in visitors. Like REALLY took their time. Me and my friend took turns to stand in line because it was just too long! They has somehow lost our reservation, and upgraded our room to the Executive Wing. Which was no problem for me.

(4) The Room

From the Executive Wing, you can see a beautiful golf course through the windows. The hallway of my floor was really clean, nothing to complain about. The room was quite spacious, very clean. The only complaint I had was about the lights. The light buttons in the room weren't working but it was no big problem. The bathroom was really shiny and clean. No yucky stains in the bath tub :)

(5) The Pool

The pool closes at 8 pm (If I'm not mistaken). Me and my friends went for a swim at around 7 pm. It was big, had a little waterfall and a hot tub/jacuzzi. By the time we went there, the lights were out but we were still allowed to swim. The towel counter and the hot tub were closed. I just wish they would stay open a bit longer.

(6) The Cafe

We had dinner at the 'Coffee Garden' Restaurant, just by the swimming pool. The buffet was around RM 75. Pretty expensive if you ask me, and the food wasn't spectacular. The entertainment was just OK.

(7) The Checkout

We checked out nearly an hour late, but they did not mind. They offered a free shuttle to the airport (Save RM 25!)

Little notes here and there:

(1) I went there for the annual 'International Penang Bridge Marathon'. The hotel provided shuttles for the participants to the location free-of-charge. Which was very good.
(2) From the lobby you can see a garden, which was quite enjoyable. Walk through the short hanging bridge, see some plants. Just to kill time.

Even though my stay was short, but I truly enjoyed it.

No doubt, I would recommend this hotel to others.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Shakira17
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I was checkin in the night that was make me feel i won't stay in this hotel again, when i get first step in to the room it really bad cleanliness dirty carpet , bath tub have hairs and yellow dirt most worst is the balconey all most head of cigarettes around there . Another is when i was checkin i pass the parking recipt to claim the parking fees the front office never infrom us the carpark charges only can claim in a time for hotel guest after checkin may using our room key to acess the carpark for free , when i checking out time i pass the parking recipt to front office assistant they stop my claim voucher they say " so sorry sir we just can let you claim your carpark once a time by room for sub- you may using your room key to acess. did you see on ahead sir at the carpark there ? " im really angry to ask them why they never inform us and the carpark center say you must pay Malaysia ringgit 5 for each entries and claim with front office . The last i have lost my money for few time entries the carpark fees . is really bad and bad not fair for the first staying guest , how they treat the guest as . I'm really don't know how the hotel make stay real with guest let us feel warm and friendly .

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kiddo_kiddy
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I regularly travel to Penang, and this is the hotel of my choice. It's not located in a place where you can walk to tourist places, but taxi aren't that expensive in Penang. There's usually one or 2 taxis available in front of the hotel, or you could take a limousine.

The driver of my limousine was awesome! While he was taking me to the airport, he told me I have time to visit the famous snake temple - so he took me there with no extra charge. What a service! For about $60, you get a 3 hour of limousine service to anywhere. George town Khoo kong si, Kek lok si - they are some of great places for sightseeing in Penang, they are about 20~30 minutes drive away.

The hotel room was very comfortable - everything in top condition.

You have choice of 3 restaurants in the hotel, they are all good. I enjoyed the buffet dinner at the main restaurant. But there's a Chinese and Japanese restaurants in the hotel - the food there is also great.

There's a beautiful tropical rain forrest garden, water falls to the swimming pool, gym.
Staffs are friendly and they all speak English.

I get a really good rate through a local company, since I travel for business. I'm not sure what the normal rate is.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Hotel is close to airport (10 mins) and enjoys views from its high elevation to the distant bridge and over golf course to one side and hillside to the other. The facilities were straightforward and working. Good space in rooms but in slightly old, but perfectly satisfactory style. Good restaurant choice. Effective and helpful car driver service. Recommended for business. Signs that the hotel is being refurbished to provide some contemporary rooms. Ask for a non smoking room (mine was fine). Mobile phone reception intermittent.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

A birthday cake delivered to our room within minutes of our arrival. Cheerful staff, attentive waiters, obliging taxi captain and bell boys. We loved the ambience of this place, its relative isolation made for a very peaceful stay of six nights. When my husband became ill with the flu the hotel shuttle took him immediately to the doctors with virtually no waiting. The hotel limousine service was very good with knowledgable drivers especially Mat. Lastly the buffet breakfasts and a dinner were very special with an amazing array of ethnic dishes as well as a variety of egg dishes, pastries, rolls and jams. Make sure the tea is hot!
A good choice supported by previous reviews.

Date of stay: August 2010