Overall a very clean well kept hotel with friendly staff. We booked a premier club room for two nights. The room was immaculate and newly refurbished.
The club lounge was probably one of the most bizarre club lounges we have used. They advertise cocktail hour and yet there is no staff serving. There was one half empty bottle of red wine and one bottle of white in the fridge and a few near empty bottles of spirits and limited soft drinks in the fridge. The lounge was very empty during our stay which made it feel quite strange. Not sure how they would manage if busy!! We used the main restaraunt for breakfast on recommendation of the staff so can't comment on the lounge breakfast.
The pool area is very nice but not nearly enough loungers or seating for busy times. The pool towels were used up very quickly and not replaced. Thank goodness for the great concierge and shuttle service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set majestically 250 feet above sea level, Hotel Equatorial Penang, which is peacefully tucked away on a hillock is just 7 minutes to the Penang International Airport and a mere distance to the Bayan Lepas Industrial Zone. The UNESCO Heritage Site listed George Town is only 20 minutes from the hotel. The 5-star hotel embraces a splendour of contemporary design. It houses 662 guestrooms and suites, each classily furnished and facilitated with state of the art in-room amenities. It is the top choice for executive retreats and incentive group gatherings. It houses two Grand Ballrooms which have been intelligently built with no obstruction of columns in between - reputed to be the largest on the island that can house up to 2,000 people. There are also 21 other function rooms. Penang island is famed for its eclectic cuisine and the hotel is no different with its variety of dining outlets. The hotel houses 5 innovative options ranging from classic French cuisine at The View to authentic Japanese fare at Kampachi. Other hotel facilities include a fully equipped fitness centre, outdoor swimming pool, squash and tennis courts, a business centre, scheduled shuttle services and impeccable service to complete a 5-star experience stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Equatorial Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Equatorial Penang Hotel
- Equatorial Penang Bayan Lepas
- Hotel Equatorial Penang Bayan Lepas