I was skeptical initially prior to my bookings with the hotel. However I started to gain a feel good factor when I received good and prompt response from the reservation staff even though I was yet to travel. I had requested for a good view room and was astonished to find one upon my arrival. The staff at the hotel was very courteous and made me feel special. The dinning services were very good and had an array of multiple cuisines.. especially the japanese restaurant and the other restaurant adjacent to the swimming pool. The rooms are very spacious and well planned and maintained to the utmost standards of cleanliness and hygeine. The room service was great and prompt. The swimming pool with the water fall is very well designed and is a dream come true for a someone like me who could spend the whole day in the pool.
Next time I would want to see some more improvement in the Porch area where guests arrive. Some one needs to assist the guests to move the lugggage to the reception area or the steps to the main entrance. Over all it was a great and fantastic experience and i would certainly recommend this hotel to any catergory of traveller. Keep it up guys... you really made my first visit to Penang a special one. Thanks once again for everything....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set majestically 250 feet above sea level, Hotel Equatorial Penang, which is peacefully tucked away on a hillock is just 7 minutes to the Penang International Airport and a mere distance to the Bayan Lepas Industrial Zone. The UNESCO Heritage Site listed George Town is only 20 minutes from the hotel. The 5-star hotel embraces a splendour of contemporary design. It houses 662 guestrooms and suites, each classily furnished and facilitated with state of the art in-room amenities. It is the top choice for executive retreats and incentive group gatherings. It houses two Grand Ballrooms which have been intelligently built with no obstruction of columns in between - reputed to be the largest on the island that can house up to 2,000 people. There are also 21 other function rooms. Penang island is famed for its eclectic cuisine and the hotel is no different with its variety of dining outlets. The hotel houses 5 innovative options ranging from classic French cuisine at The View to authentic Japanese fare at Kampachi. Other hotel facilities include a fully equipped fitness centre, outdoor swimming pool, squash and tennis courts, a business centre, scheduled shuttle services and impeccable service to complete a 5-star experience stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Equatorial Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Equatorial Penang Hotel
- Equatorial Penang Bayan Lepas
- Hotel Equatorial Penang Bayan Lepas