“only signature dishes are good-above average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Canton-i

Canton-i
Ranked #35 of 130 Restaurants in Bayan Lepas
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“only signature dishes are good-above average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The place is nice, not so hard to spot with their nice setting.

Just when I sit down on a table... I'm already charged for a small serving of stewed peanuts..

They have extensive of choice for food, from rice to noodles and porridge, and of course roast chicken, pork, duck.

I ordered duck porridge/congee with a pot of tea.

As soon as I'm done with ordering, I look around, checking out their premise, then I saw spider webs on their decoration settings which made me lost my appetite..

The bowl of congee was huge in portion, but the duck meat were merely a 3-5 very very thin slices. I think their thickness were even less than 0.5cm.. There were no sauce, no spices, no ginger or anything else in the porridge, just the roasted duck slices and
I was speechless!
I felt cheated...

The service from the waiter is good, no problem at all, but the cashier was probably having a bad day, she wasn't even greeting, didn't looked at me, didn't mention how much do I need to pay, or thank you or come again..

Although this was a disappointment, in my previous visit about 2 years ago, the place was packed and busy. I had the wonton noodle, and it was reeeeeeally good.

Not sure how do they keep up with their food quality, but the roasted duck with congee doesn't taste nice at all.

I had one bowl of roasted duck with congee, and a teapot of 'qian li xiang' chinese tea, for two person, and plus the 'appetiser' peanut, everything was around RM 25.

I thought it's overpriced with the porridge with only thin roasted duck slices...
If it's wonton noodles, egg tart, I can't comment, but just don't order their roast duck with congee.

You better go somewhere else, a roadside coffee shop and enjoy one nice duck congee with more meat, more sauce or spices and chillies. Cheap and delicious.

• Visited March 2012

malaysia
“Great Food with Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food is delicious, that is one of my favourite restaurant. Overall great, I love to order and drink their Hong Kong Milk Tea, but recently the taste has not been consistent that every my visit. Hope it will improve!!!

• Visited November 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Good Hong kong restaurant, bit pricey though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here few times for lunch. I'd say the food tastes authentic, menu is extensive, but sadly a bit pricey due to their small portions.
The nice interiors and clean surroundings compliments the good plating of each dishes. I ordered Stir-fried udon, Roast pork platter and fried rice. All were good and tasted fresh.
I'd come back here next time I'll be in Queensbay mall. Be prepared to wait a bit longer for your order during lunch hour.

Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“it's at QB Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

located at the ground floor and sells food from and dishes from Hong Kong. the food there was tasty but it did taste better a few years ago.the price can be a bit expensive to some but the service is good

Visited June 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good Food but Quality Consistency Needs Improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm torn in choosing the rating because on a good day, Canton-i serves the best Chinese roast pork with unbelievably crispy crackling; but on a bad day, even their signature roast pork belly tasted ordinary. To be fair, even on a bad day, their dish still taste ok, it's not that bad, just disappointing if you know how good they can get. So I still have to rate it a '4' to be fair.

There's unfortunately no way of telling which chef is on duty and who is the 'good' chef (I've given feedback recently) so try your luck. If you're lucky, then you'll be rewarded with the best yun yung (mixed coffee & tea drink), juicy pork belly with crispy crackling, finger licking good honey roast pork, succulent soy braised chicken, best in town wanton noodle, perfectly cooked HK style porridge and some of the best dishes (like their Vietnamese fried vermicelli).

So even if they have disappointed me more than once, I'd just keep going back because when they are on their peak performance, the food is absolutely delicious and the memory stays :)

• Visited September 2012