“Very small room”

Eastin Hotel Penang
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bayan Lepas
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed with its very small room. I was assigned to smoking floor without asking for my preference during check-in. The room was very smelly and receptionist only offered some spraying which won't help. They only offered to change me to non smoking floor after I insisted not accepting any spraying. Room decor, bathroom, amenities is typically 3 stars hotel standard. Staying at club room but no chance to use the executive lounge service as it is closed at 10pm, which is quite early.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2014

we stayed 3 nights with a seaview room. The rooms is small but very comfortable and clean. The lobby always has good scent likes lemongrass, but it is unforgettable. Staffs are all very helpful. It has a large shopping town behind the hotel, which is very convinient for shopping, eating and etc. It is a very business hotel, but we stayed there for holiday, don't ask why. Overall, I like the hote.

Room Tip: The room is quite small, so try to pick the bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night for a cousin's wedding. Room rates were high, rooms were small. Amenities were basic. Had problem with room cards. Out of the 2 cards given, 1 of it is always faulty. The staff at the lobby rectified the issue and told us not to put the card near electronic devices like our mobile phones. The next time we use the card, it was still faulty. When we went back to the lobby to get it fixed, they repeated that the card shouldn't be placed near electronic device. Another problem with the card is it only allow excess to the level that you are staying. I wanted to go to the bride's room and I couldn't. So I got the lobby staff to get me there. When I feesback to them about this, they gave me tons of excuses. This is poor customer service to me. Feedbacks are valuable and shouldn't be treated with loads of explanation and excuses.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms are comfortable but nothing fancy. The location is very good, close to the airport, close to the industrial areas and walk-able distance from a shopping mall. The bar at the lounge had live music and was actually pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pac29
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were having a Leadership Tool Kit Seminar at this hotel recently dated 19 Mei 2014.
The lunch buffet provided at the coffee house was full of varieties, asian and western delight.
Astonishingly delicious. The deserts all are beautifully decorated . Very appetising. I will take my love ones for lunch in the near future. Love it. Yummy

Room Tip: The lower floor is nearer to the SPA and coffee house
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank aquayanti
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The reason why the company I am visiting reserved a room for me in this hotel is that its near a Shopping Mall. They already know that the last time I went to Penang I mentioned that I wanted a hotel near restaurants or eating places.

The rooms are comfortable but nothing fancy. I had a good view of the river from my bedroom. The hotel is near the Queensbay Mall.I would probably stay here again. Its a bit far from the action in downtown Georgetown though and the famous Gurney drive eating place is probably about 30 minutes by taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at Eastin, which is located very near the airport (great if you always rush for your flight). Staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. We were greeted with smiles upon arrival at the lobby, which is always a great sight when you're tired.

The room is actually quite small, but the bathroom was large. We had a city view room, and it had a great view of the sun setting over the shophouses. The bed and bedding were ultra comfortable, soft and smooth.

There are some small local eateries around the hotel, and of course, Queensbay Mall which is a short 3 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Get a city view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
#7 of 10 in Batu Ferringhi
Olive Tree Hotel
Olive Tree Hotel
#4 of 10 in Bayan Lepas

Been to Eastin Hotel Penang? Share your experiences!