“Great business hotel”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bayan Lepas
California
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great business hotel in Penang Island. Excellent location for business as it is closed to all the electronics manufacturers in the Penang Island while it is closed to the bridge if you need to travel to the main land area. The staff is courtesy and helpful. The breakfast is adequate with western and Asian selections. There is gym and pool for exercise. The hotel is located next to the Queensbay Mall.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk when you check-in to see if there is construction going on within the hotel. It...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SoCalPacificTC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I had been staying in Eastin Hotel Penang island from 17th Dec to 21st Dec 2013. I really had a wonderful moment during my stay in Eastin hotel Penang at the beginning of the few days. However, a recent unpleasant experience shaken my belief in the ability of this stupid hotel staffs to provide top notch customer care all the time.

I would like to share the most unhappy event that I faced in my life when I stayed in this hotel. I feel that the front office staffs and front office managers never consider to take any responsibility and kept sending me wrong information as well as lied to me after one of the front office staff failed to delivery the most basic service to me - morning call, the failure from this hotel result in i miss my flight, I forced to stay additional night in Penang due to no air ticket available because of close to Christmas. I feel very disappointed as I can't spend my time with my family before x'mas. I did escalate this issue to hotel's general manager, however I didn't receive any good response as well as a sincere apology.

3 staffs & 2 managers were involved in the investigation after the failure occurred; all of them (including front office manager ) lied to me saying that I never place any morning call request to reception after reviewed the record from CCTV. I was told I just stop by the reception for a second; one second is not possible to place any request. Fine, I strongly request to view the CCTV record together with them, finally they were speechless as I spent close to 20 seconds to place my request.

The front office manager requested the staff who failed to make morning call to pay the bill for my one night extended stay.

I spent extra two days to reach home; I paid for the expensive air ticket; I missed the wonderful moment with my kids before X'mas; I am still waiting for a sincere apology from general manager....

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jswong74

Travelers are raving about these Bayan Lepas hotels

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were pretty happy with our stay at Eastin in Penang. Our trip was a short one, just for one night and we wanted to maximize our time hence the reason we chose the hotel because of its location. The pool closed at 10pm so we could spend time outside at the mall then come back late to the hotel and take a swim. But mind you, it gets cold in the evening after the sun sets. There are so many other restaurants to choose from so we didn't take the room with breakfast option. We had a pleasant stay and would like to come back here in the future!

Room Tip: The renovation was going on when we were visiting so just voice your concern that you're looking...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

For a change, I decided to stay closer to the airport as the last few trips to Gerogetown, I have stayed right in town and also @ Batu Ferringhi. Its a great business hotel and a place to relax as well since the Queensbay Mall is about 150 metres away!
Check-in and check-out was a breeze. I was on the 8th floor with a hillside view which had a main road but noise was not a problem. Although I did not have any breakfast or lunch in the restaurant, I had my fair share of beers at the lounge.

Certainly lots of food outside the hotel and a lot more variety @ Queensbay Mall , Lower Level and on the 4th Floor. The Aeon supermarket and department store was also great. Money changers (two) is also located at the mall.

Room was clean and the hot water does get hot in the shower!Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank borneo60
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Because my hubby have to attend a meeting near Bayan Lepas Free Trade Zone, we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is very nice, because of the travelling, I had very nice and good sleep throughout my stay there. And because it was new year eve, my daughter especially enjoyed the view of fire works from our room. Queensbay mall is also very near to the hotel. So I enjoyed shopping for the whole day. But the swimming pool was a little disappointed as it's very small and you have to walk up the stairs to reach it. Very funny.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SophiaG5582
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed from friday 27 December - sunday 29 december 2013.
Because we will be attending a relative wedding dinner in simpang ampat ( across the Penang bridge , some 30km away ), i pick this hotel out of convenient and its close promixity to the shopping mall, Queensbay mall.

After reading the reviews, i pick the room Eastin Suite Deluxe. It was a good choice.
It's a spacious room with spacious bathroom, bath tub and standing shower, and a separate living room. The water from the shower or tub are both strong, and fills up in no time wasted. The toilet bowl came with the small switch button beside that enables bidet/washing.

I booked two rooms since i am traveling with my family, and we got both room next to each other. ( no connecting room for this room type )

It came with the club executive facilities, which is very awesome. I felt it's much better than the executive lounge provided by the past hotels i have stayed in ( namely G Hotel ( PG ), Boulevard hotel ( KL ) . The cocktails before dinner available at their executive lounge ( 5-7pm) were simply amazing with their choice of foods served.

We have two choice of having our breakfast either at the Executive Lounge or at the lobby's level Sweet Brasserie cafe. We tried out both for separate morning.
The Executive Lounge's breakfast were minimal in food choice, but they still have a menu for us to pick our breakfast choice. So, it's like very 90% service oriented if you like to be served in the morning. The next morning, we went down for the International buffet breakfast, at the lobby level. It's buffet style, with many food choice or ample western and asian foods.

The executive club benefit includes free wifi ( quite strong signal, just abit slow on a saturday ) , free minibar ( that have beers too lol ! ) , free use of the executive lounge which happens to be on the same floor, very convenient, for free flow of drinks until 10.30pm )

The swimming pool is somewhat a bit too small, but luckily its not crowded. It being a Saturday and sunday morning, it's still okay to swim.
The gym is a delight, lots of equipment, a big workout room for yoga, very clean toilet and changing room. Not crowded also, almost empty.

Hearing the past complaints about the front desk hotel, i am lucky to say it's okay for me.
Although it was slow in the check in process, because it was more of the card-machine which were having problem, thus slows down the whole process.

Checking out was a breeze, thanks to the same front desk staff who checks me in, Ms Farahani who maintains her cool even with a very difficult guest who were in front of me.
She accommodated my request for delayed check out time, so that we can have more time at the pool and packs up later.

Car parking facility are available, with no problem getting a parking space , using the same hotel card for access in and out of the building, to the floors too. To access the gym/pool or executive lounge requires the same hotel room card too.

The Queensbay mall being in close walking distance ( 6 mins ), makes it convenient to shop or get foods without having to drive a car out. Nearby lots of shops too.

We got the sea view room, which is really not much of the sea. But there's a view of the Penang bridge on the left side, and the new second link bridge on the right. We stayed on the 14th floor ( the highest floor ) .

Room Tip: If there's promotion or good deal, choose executive club benefits room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chilicandy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Only only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is the lack of organisation on the reception staff, they need to work I training them a bit. They tried to get me to change rooms half way through my stay as they had made an error with booking another family into an a joining room.

That being said the hotel is really clean, comfortable, and the bar staff are great. The food is nice in the bar area in the evenings and so is the entertainment there was a live singer every night.

It's close to the marathon start line which was the reason for staying here. Also close to shopping malls but far from Georgetown.

There are a lot of business men/women staying here. The wifi is good and doesn't cut out and can be used all over the hotel.

For those that like soaking up the sun the roof top pool is really nice, it wasn't busy at all in November when I stayed had it to my self for one afternoon.

Stayed November 2013
#2 of 10 in Bayan Lepas
Royale Chulan Penang
Royale Chulan Penang
#17 of 84 in George Town

Been to Eastin Hotel Penang? Share your experiences!