“Sunday Lunch with family”

The Grant Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monymusk
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Excellent service and helpfull staff. Booking essential. Children welcome situated in village square resonable cost for fixed menu. breakfast also available for early birds.uptill 11.30 good selection of beers and wines

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was our second visit here recently and just had to share, we booked a table for our evening meal, 2 adults and 2 children, the food and service was absolutely amazing, nothing was too much bother, even down to our daughter getting garlic bread as a starter even though its not on the menu! We will most definitely be returning and will be recommending The Grant Arms to all our family and friends, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

i visited this restaurant tonight with my family. they are always busy so I would recommend you book in advance. We were seated quickly and offered a good selection of drinks. i ordered the chicken and haggis terrine for starters and the steak for main course. Just about everything about the place was wonderful. The food was exceptional, the service was courteous and nothing was too much trouble for them. I would SERIOUSLY recommend this place for a good evening out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PremanCanada
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate here for the past two nights and both nights the meals were excellent. Cullen skink soup as an appetizer was great; the prawns and melon were ok -- I probably wouldn't order that again. But the main courses -- we had their supreme chicken and their pork fillets -- were excellent and very reasonably priced, compared to other places we've been on this vacation. We weren't staying here -- it was a 5 mile drive over single track roads from our B&B. I'm glad our hostess recommended this place. Given the quality and the proximity to our B&B, we chose to come for a second night.

Service was very pleasant. The only negative is having to ask for a bill at the end. Otherwise, service was efficient, but not rushed.

Looked to us like lots of locals were eating here -- a testament to quality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Recommended by a relation who lives in Monymusk to visit for food, so we went on a mid week night in August to see for ourselves.
The food was absolutely excellent, and very reasonably priced and the staff attentive and friendly. The menu was pleasingly varied and having gone for a sea bass main course, I certainly wasn't disappointed in either how it tasted or the quantity. There is also a kids menu and Junior was also suitably impressed with his pizza!!
I can safely say that this was one of the best eating out experiences we've had for some time and I've already been highly recommending to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went here for a family meal and the food was excellent but the waiting time on the food bordered on the ridiculous - 50 minute for a starter and a further 40 for a main course.
Communication from the staff was non existent so we sat for 50 minutes watching other diners going through the same experience. One gentleman sat for 45 minutes on his own waiting for something to eat. As I said before the food was excellent when it finally arrived although the bread for the soup which arrived 40 minutes before the starter seemed somewhat solid - we ended up having a piece each as the starter took so long to arrive. I don't think it was worth the wait.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I got treated 2 a meal here last night , food was service was excellent ,and very pretty location , found it hard 2 decided what 2 have but was very pleased with my choice of fishcakes, and sticky toffee pud was delish , looking forward 2 my next visit and would definitely recomend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grant Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!