The brochure really doesn't lie when it says that Ashburnham Estate is 'heaven on earth'. I was lucky enough to stay there over a weekend in early July and my only regret was not being able to stay longer. The views from the bungalow are absolutely breathtaking and offered the perfect atmosphere for some much needed rest and relaxation. My friends and I were lucky enough to be given a tour of the tea estate and we greatly enjoyed swimming in Ashburnham's very own waterfall. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all fantastic with the highlight definitely being the feast of Sri Lankan rice and curry we had on our last night. Regis, the chef, cooks probably the best brinjal curry on the whole island. A special mention must go to Andy and Carrie, an extremely amiable English couple who look after the bungalow. They were very welcoming and regaled us all with their stories of travelling around Asia. There is so much to do on the estate itself and it is also within a comfortable distance of Kandy, Matale and the Knuckles range. I have stayed in a lot of places in Sri Lanka but this is definitely the best so far. If you want somewhere beautiful, tranquil and friendly to stay then this is where to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the foothills of the Knuckles Mountain Range, between the Cultural Triangle and Kandy, our 98 acre tea estate, offers guests a perfect location for exploring Sri Lanka's famous sites.Alternatively Ashburnham Estate, offers you the perfect spot to unwind. Relax on the veranda and enjoy the stunning views and magical sunsets. Or cool off in our swimming pool, 60 foot waterfall or Cascade Pool.With such lush natural surroundings there is ample opportunity to walk through our working tea estate, and help the ladies picking, or onto the hills to enjoy spectacular views.Our original 1930’s Principal Planter’s bungalow, offers 4 double rooms, a family room and our luxurious Ashburnham Suite; all beautifully decorated to offer unique character.So, what are you waiting for, come and enjoy the beauty of Ashburnham Estate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Ashburnham Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashburnham Estate Hotel Elkaduwa
- Ashburnham Estate Sri Lanka/Elkaduwa