“Best Tuna Carpaccio”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Mahe Island, Seychelles
“Best Tuna Carpaccio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

First time I went for a pizza with friends, but after a glance at the menu, I decided to go for the Tuna Carpaccio instead as I love raw fish. Gosh it was good, accompanied by a Millionaire Salad (palm heart)... I died and went to heaven : )
The second time there, with the family we went for Pizza, and I thought I had tasted the best pizza on La Digue, but this one was just perfect... The setting is nice, you're close to the road yet total seclusion. Will definitely go again...
Maybe you should think about accepting electron card?
A restaurant not to miss on your visit to Praslin.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MRLepathy

Praslin Island, Seychelles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good pizzas..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went there with family...my little 3-year old really enjoyed the setting...nice gardens and amazing pizzas.

Visited December 2011
“Vegetarian friendly place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

While we stayed on the other side of the island, we ate at Cafe du Monde the day we rented a car. While the service was incredibly slow (it seemed to be slow everywhere) the food was very good. As vegetarians we were thrilled to see that we had a number of menu items to choose from. We enjoyed a salad as a starter and two Italian grilled vege sandwiches... which were really veges on a slice of bread open face. The price was a bit high but not more than anywhere else on the Seychelles. While we liked our meal, many of the people around us were raving about the pizza and it made us wish we could return for a second meal.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jwbasnit
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“By far the best pizza in Seychelles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

I've been to Cafe de Monde many times despite it being on the wrong side of the island for me.
I love Creole food, but the Indian Ocean version doesn't have the range of ingredients available in the Caribbean, so it can get a bit repetitive. Cafe de Monde does Creole exceptionally well and throws some surprises in there as well. The du Monde name is well chosen as cuisine here has it's origins on several continents. It evidences direction from someone with a sophisticated palate, who has traveled widely and loves food.
If you want a meal that entertains the taste-buds and doesn't cost a fortune I then Cafe du Monde is your best choice.
The takeaway Pizzas offer many great examples of what I'm saying; nowhere else would they combine fresh herbs with Rocket and Blue Cheese - exceptional and GREAT VALUE.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Pricey, but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Octopus appetizer had a great mix of flavors. Entrees are large servings.

Visited November 2011