Fiesta Americana Hacienda San Antonio El Puente Cuernavaca
Hotel Torii(Xochitepec)
  • Pool
Posada Andaluz(Xochitepec)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssugar millmexico citybreakfast and dinnerhigh ceilingsbeautiful hotellush gardensbusiness traininghistoric locationhaciendaweddingchapelpropertygymcuernavacafountainarchitectureretreat
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel contributes to the bad name of Fiesta Americana, who has much better hotels. First, security : no way to bolt the door from the inside, and worse, the safe in the room is not even secured against a wall, you can really walk away with it under your am (or somebody else can walk away). A whole week-end with no functioning room service phone, sinks and jacuzzis can close but not open (do you really want to go back to yesterday's water?). Except for check in service, employees seem dissatisfied, far away from a service attitude. The place is grandiose, but the reality of the rooms and service is so far away from the lies of the Web page. Calling a SPA somewhere where the only thing you can get is a massage is probably overstated. Lights in the rooms is poor. Time for Fiesta Americana to really think if they want their name on this place.....

Room Tip: No way to give an advice. If I had the most expensive room and nothing really was satidfying, what can we expect from the other rooms ? And we were told that it was the recently rebuilt area (room 258). Do not want to see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank JAXINMEXICO
Reviewed May 26, 2014

the global service was very very bad. In the restaurant looked like the waiters were all new, and didnt know anything about service. Also in the reception everybody were very slow. one of the days i left my breakfast tray outside and they picked it up until midnight even though i was telling many many times about this.
The place is so beautiful but i wont recomend this hotel, if they dont improve the service in all areas.

Room Tip: check if the air conditioning is working, and ask if they dont have events (because of the music), if they have ask for a room very far, because of the music you wont sleep at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was brought here for a business event in which we had to develop a plan. The place was excellent to complete that task. The landscaping work they have done with the property is amazing; from a sugar mill many years ago to a great hotel in the present. The staff was very helpful always, the food was vey tasty, the room comfortable. The wifi internet was ALWAYS reliable. If you stay during the weekdays is much better than the weekend because the place is a favborite for weddings and other special events during the weekend. Besides, lots of people from Mexico City come here to relax during the weekend. The town of Xochiltepec is not really great for sightseen but I found it safe to walk around. It seems that the hotel prices are a bit high but our group got a very good price because we were using weekdays. One minor particular issue that I did not understand, every day after the hotel cleaned my room they would miss one towel, either the hands towal or the bathroom floor towel, etc. I found this odd.

Room Tip: If you are staying on a weekend, get a room away from the party area, the pool and the chapel, unless you feel like joining the celebration!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I grew up going to this hacienda from Mexico City almost every weekend back in the 70's and then it was owned by a family, the place was just kept clean but service was amazing, many parts of the property were just abandoned and blocked, what this corporation has done with the property itself is remarkable I was there 3 years ago and the food was good, we did not stayed in the hotel my wife and I just stopped by just because I was curious about it, I'm really surprised to read about the bad service, I'm sure when the remodeling and all that is done they could probably focus and honor the Mexican tradition of courtesy and best service. If I can make a suggestion bring back the "Fronton" people would love it ("If you re-build it they will come") :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I agree with most of the reviewers: the property is beautiful.
It is too bad the rates they charge for resorts at La Riviera Maya or New York, and San Andrrés is neither.
In addition to that please do not stay at this hotel if you want to rest or are not invited to the wedding on site.
We arrived on Saturday at 4 pm, and as soon as we got there we could hear the music of the wedding on site. We asked the front desk until what time it would go on and the answer was, very casual, until 1 am!!
1 am when you want to spend a relaxing night away from the city????
The music was driving us crazy by 11 pm!!!!
The hotel should let potential guests know about this when you make a reservation.
NEVER COMING BACK!!!!