1,424 results
All reviews beachfront villa thai restaurant our honeymoon intendance bay private pool in villa dining colonial style chez lamar buggy service crashing waves main pool main building steam room spa treatments rum shack four seasons sun deck
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019

This was our second trip to the hotel and we stayed in the same room type. Beach front villa, its really nice to be able to walk from your room to the beach. The stars are amazing and I would recommend sitting on your beach chairs at night to see them. The rooms are getting a bit dated, hopefully they will have a refurb soon. The crab curry here is so good, worth going back for.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mackay-7
FabriceC1038, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear mackay-7

Greetings from Banyan Tree Seychelles!

We are indeed very privilege to have another visit from you and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Yes, our location provide the appropriate setting for star gazing at night and our cuisine provide the sumptuous crab curry which you should come back for.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

1-Very far from the city (around 30 to 40 mins), you’ll need to pay around 60€ for each trip.
2-Villas are old and not worth the money paid for.
3-Nothing to do in the resort and they don’t have any water activities within the resort and everything need to be arranged by outside companies.
4-Conceirge service is very bad and lazy .. they never follow up on your requests and keep telling you they’ll arrange the activities you wanted but never call you back or confirm any request although the stay was only for 4 days and they should be fast .. And when I requested to book a helicopter ride they confirmed its fully booked for the same day and next day but when the driver tried to book us an appointment we booked at the same day :)
5-Breakfast is limited and boring.
6-AC in the villa was hot and they send maintenance but problem wasn’t fixed, next day they told me they will change the villa after their manager approval but nothing happen too.
-And the housekeeping didn’t change the bedding for my whole stay as I noticed a small cut near my face.
-They don’t replace the used toilet amenities like shower cap and cottons!
7-I booked a taxi driver through TripAdvisor (Davied +2482512787) which was cheaper than hotel arranged once and he was abused by the hotel head taxi driver and he asked him never to come again)!!!
8- It taks them at least 10 min to send a gulf car to the villa and the funny thing which happened twice that when we went out we don’t find the car, when I called they apologized that they have another request ?! Seriously
9- I ordered food from the room service and he bring it without a try !!!! We ate on the sofa lol

In General, I will never book any Banyan Tree hotel again, the worst hotel ever

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FabriceC1038, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr Khulood A

Greetings from Banyan Tree Seychelles!

I would like to thank you first for sharing your experience on TA, I am tremendously sorry to hear your disappointment from your stay with us.
The Banyan Tree is located in the South of Mahe island and front of one of the best beaches of the Seychelles –Intendance- which provides to our guests a very private and exclusive environment for those who are looking for relaxation and tranquility.
Regarding the condition of the villa, my team and I do our best on daily basis to preserve and refresh our 60 colonial villas, we did not have any comment from you during your stay, I would be more than happy to assist to turn round your experience in a positive way.

We do offer various activities to our guests in collaboration with our conservation center, it is unfortunate that you could not enjoy the wet land discovery. Bird watch, our yoga and meditation session or turtles preservation.
In the other hand, I do apologize that our service was not up to your expectation, I can assure you that we will do the needful with the head of departments to avoid any kind of these shortfalls.

We do hope you to give us another chance to be of service to you again, I will personally do my best to make your next stay memorable.

Reviewed June 8, 2019

Villa needed a refurb especially around the pool. Lots of bugs and lizards getting into the villa as well. Hotel nice in parts and location is great. Didn’t feel like it was good value for money considering the cost vs standard

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Daniel S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. As the resort is located amongst nature, we do see from time to time the bugs and lizards around. We do have a program to control this activities every week. We do hope that you will come back so that we can redeem ourselves.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The best location, views and beach on the island! An amazing hotel in the middle of a tropical forest on one of the nicest beaches in the world! The SPA is a dream, on top of the waves, in the middle of the forest, open to hear it all and sense what you’ve never sensed before... in a SPA! Can’t say enough about the views and secluded area and amazing nature, the attached pictures speak louder!
HOWEVER!
The service level is poor, very poor! From bad maintenance of the rooms, slow internet connection, to buggies never coming to pick you from your villa, to toilets not working, water breakage, in room dining forgetting things, reception staff unreliable, restaurant staff too slow and unprofessional, ... they apologize but do nothing about it...
The hotel manager was very kind and did her best to relieve us in different ways, she knew about the issues and seems working on a solution.
Would I go there again? It breaks my heart to say NO to those views, beach and SPA, but as long as the service level doesn’t improve, I believe this hotel is overpriced for what you pay for, precisely when it comes to the expected service from a 5* hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank chouyajad
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Not 5 star services, expect delays from the time of checking in till check out. Never would recomend this hotel ever, its like you are paying 1000$ per night to get annoyed with their laid back attitude. You will have to keep reminding them of what you want, we are waiting for buggy, we asked for house keeping/ pool cleaning....

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sonya A

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the resort. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. Your comments are very constructive for us, please rest assured that action have been taken regarding our associates attitude. Our aim is to make our guests experience unforgettable, unfortunately we were not up to our standards and your expectations, I tremendously apologize for that once again.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves and make you discover the genuine sanctuary of the senses .

With my best regards