1,423 results
All reviews beachfront villa thai restaurant our honeymoon intendance bay private pool in villa dining colonial style chez lamar buggy service crashing waves main pool main building steam room spa treatments rum shack four seasons sun deck
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved The Banyan Tree. The hotel always feels discrete, private and intimate. The location is a dream. The staff were always wonderfully helpful and polite - no request was too much trouble. The food was always excellent whichever restaurant; the Thai (Saffron) totally authentic and delicious, we needed a longer stay to try everything on the menu. The Beach Pool villa’s are great with loads of room and facilities. We have a 5yo Boy who loved the pool and the beach.
After holidays in the Maldives and Mauritius I was nervous about how Mahé might compare, but it was better.
Loved it all, very sad when it was time to go home and will definitely be going back asap.
Would recommend to Couples and families.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Relax234642
Reviewed April 29, 2019

The place is unique, the Banyan Tree is an exclusive hotel.
The quality of the welcome and the exclusivity of the services make of it human and respectful of the rhythm of its guests.
We recomend the Banyan Tree without any hesitation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2019

I have not experienced such useless staff in my life. They are slow and unresponsive and connot follow instructions. The front office staff should all be removed, they have absolutely no idea how to deal with guests. It really spoiled my stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank colinikin
Reviewed April 27, 2019

The location on Intendance is quiet, private and beautiful. The most relaxed I'd been on my trip to Seychelles was at Banyan. At the edge of the pool watching the waves, listening to the ocean while getting a massage at the excellent spa facilities, walking in the soft white sand of the beach, everything was almost hypnotic. Intendance was one of my favourite beaches of the trip, and had no problems with seaweed unlike many other beaches I saw. The view from the hill villa was fantastic.

The only disappointment was the food. The quality of the lunch and dinner was below my expectations, and the breakfast buffet fairly minimal compared to other luxury hotels.

If you're looking for a vibrant atmosphere it's not the right place, but if you're looking for relaxation and chill then it's fantastic.

Date of stay: April 2019
FabriceC1038, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear g99

Greetings from Banyan Tree Seychelles! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review about your experience with us. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your holiday with us and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 25, 2019

We loved staying here for a few days over Easter. It is a spectacular setting and the rooms, facilities and beach are great. Unfortunately we found the service slow and inconsistent throughout our stay, which was disappointing given the cost. We also found the food to be slightly less high quality than one might expect for such a high end hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple