My husband and I decided to treat ourselves on the last day of our honeymoon- and I’m sure the memory of this hotel will last forever! We stayed in a hillside villa (the cheapest- but I’ve no idea how it could have been any better!) which was large, had a private infinity pool & gazebo, and was fantastically set up with treats to help us celebrate our honeymoon! We could not find a complaint about this hotel- even if we tried. We squeezed an awful lot in so this review is quite long!
We went to the spa for a couple’s synchronised Lomi Lomi massage (discounted because we went in the afternoon) which was pure bliss- the room was on the edge of the hill to allow you to hear the waves crashing below and get the soft breeze during your massage. The masseurs were extremely talented and were able to focus on certain area of concern – not a typical massage by far.
We had booked a “champagne on the rocks” which would involve a short walk uphill to be greeted by a butler serving champagne and nibbles while watching the sunset- our butler came to the villa and expressed concerns that it may rain, and offered to set up the dining area beside our pool for our sunset. And we’re so thankful we did- the set up was amazing- and it did rain! They had scattered flowers everywhere and put candles all around the pool and outside area- so romantic! And the food and pink champagne was simply perfect.
We also had a BBQ in our villa which was amazing- complete with champagne and lobster (we were given a huge selection a few hours previously- we were able to choose 3 things- steak and lobster included, we did not go hungry!) with 2 people expertly cooking everything in front of us.
We had Dinner on The Beach the following night- with a moonlit gazebo covered in flowers and candles (including candle lit path leading us to the beach!)- it felt like we were the only people in the world- right next to the beach feeling like we were getting married again!
Overall- the hotel was fantastic, the beach was gorgeous (I would be tempted to argue better than Source D’ Argent), breakfast was amazing- with enough choice to keep you going for several weeks, the giant infinity pool was simply wonderful- the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Seychelles view, the villa was fantastic- although it wasn’t on the beach, it was perfectly secluded with a lovely view down the hillside (and even had a “Bath Menu” complete with aperitifs and wine to enjoy if you so wish) and perfect for a romantic getaway.
Not only would we recommend this place to anyone- we would tell them it is a must if they could afford it- the perfect end to a perfect holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Seychelles offers an intimate retreat experience featuring its own signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and exotic sensuality. The philosophy behind the resort is based on providing a place for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul – a sanctuary for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Hotel Mahe Island
- Banyan Tree Seychelles Mahe Island - Takamaka