Banyan Tree Seychelles
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,167 results
All reviewsbeachfront villathai restaurantour honeymoonprivate poolintendance bayin villa diningchez lamaron the rocksbuggy servicemain poolcrashing wavesfour seasonsmain buildingsteam roomcolonial stylespa treatmentsindian ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

You don't come here if you're on a budget. The villas are lovely with their private plunge pools and gorgeous views. However, the beds aren't all that comfortable and a bit creaky; and the air conditioning blows right on the bed making sleep even more uncomfortable. Other than that, the outdoor lounge area is very nice and you don't really want to leave the villa! If it weren't for the fantastic view of the beach luring us from our villa we may not have ever left. The grounds are quite pretty and well maintained; and, the gym is sufficient. The restaurants over look the ocean and the food is very good. However, two salads and a bottle of water will set you back $70 US.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler154990
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for the wonderful review that you have posted about our resort.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our villas as well as the stunning beach. Thank you once again for the constructive feedback which we have shared amongst the team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to us once again.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just returned from a 12 night stay at the Banyan Tree Seychelles.

Firstly, let's look at the positives;

*The position of the hotel is magnificent
*The front of House staff are efficient, pleasant and helpful
*The Head of catering is genuinely interested in your view and attentive
*Waiters and other restaurant staff are generally very good
*The Saffron Restaurant is one of the best Thai restaurants I've eaten at ever

Unfortunately, for every positive, there was a negative and having stayed at other Banyan Tree hotels around the World, this one does not compare favourably. The main negatives were as follows;

*Service to the Villas was very hit and miss - you never knew when you'd be left outdoor towels
*There seemed to be a shortage of towels generally
The external areas of the villas need a refurb - we stayed in a 'Pool Villa by the Rocks'. the jacuzzi and pool both looked very worn. Paintwork was flaking and furniture looked like it was past its best.
*On one occasion, we asked for towels and ice. We had to ask twice and it took 90 minutes to arrive. This was on a Saturday when the hotel seemed busier (possibly a wedding) and everything seemed to take twice as long.
*Breakfast was the same every day. Limited choice and not 5 star - last year we stayed at the Banyan Tree Koh Samui and the breakfast there was significantly better and more varied.
*The third restaurant on the complex, 'Chez Lemar' never opened - you were therefore restricted to just two restaurants, which over 12 days was very limiting.

The view and the beach save the day, but this place will not be able to compete for much longer with some of the other 5 star venues on the Seychelles unless it significantly ups its game.

Room Tip: Don't book a 'Pool Villa by the Rocks' - it could be assumed that this would be by the sea,but they are not (or the one we were in wasn't). For the extra money over and above a Hillside Villa, all you get is an ageing jacuzzi, which just isn't worth the additional charge.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L

Dear Guest

Thank you for the detailed review posted about our hotel.

We would firstly like to apologies for the shortcoming you have experienced during your stay with us. We acknowledge it’s partly due to slow service and condition of the villa you were staying in. We are in process of rectifying the shortcomings.

However we are glad there were some positives moments mostly created by our wonderful workforce.

Once again thank you for your wonderful constructive feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back again where you might experience one of our beach front villas.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Absolute waste of money and time. Rather visit Sainte Anne or Four Seasons, if you are looking for luxury, in the same price bracket as Banyan Tree.
Banyan Tree was poorly run, under staffed, badly maintained and disappointed us in every way possible (except for the spa).
I sent a detailed email to the resort, as well as Banyan Tree head office. 2 months later and I have still not received a response.
Absolutely shocking!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tiffany H
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear guest

We thank you for the detailed email about your recent stay with us. First of all we would like to express our sincere apologies for the impression you received of the hotel. Regrettably failing to fulfill your requests we have managed to make your holiday a rather disappointing experience.

We know that the damage has been done and no words will help to make it feel right. However the best we could is to extend our apologies and use this as a learning example for our future guests. I have shared your comments with all the departments concerned to ensure we will not repeat the same mistakes again.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back to us for another occasion and offer you a better service this time around.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had the chance to stay for weekend at Banyan Tree Seychelles and we really enjoyed it. The hotel looked perfectly after us and the Villa we stayed in was just amazing. Also the management did everything to please us and of course all guests. This is what I loved most. Even if the hotel was well booked you always had the feeling to be alone and very private.

We also had a very good dinner at the Buffet Restaurant with best seafood!

I can highly recommend it. We just loved everything at Banyan Tree Seychelles!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest
Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback that you have posted about our resort. It was a delight to extend our gracious service to you during your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again and for another occasion in our hideaway resort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I must say my experience of the Banyan Tree was completely the opposite to the reviewer below, and we stayed over the same period (December 2012).

Prior to our Christmas holiday at the Banyan Tree, I compiled a list of requests for our stay, as we were travelling with our 14 month old and wanted the trip to go as smoothly as possible. I also peppered the hotel with questions on an almost daily basis about the hotel, the facilities, the half board option and what it covered, the restaurants. room service, in villa dining etc etc (as a family we usually stay at all-inclusive resorts not on Mahe, but I had been to the Banyan Tree for dinner a few years previously and wanted to give it a try). From the word go, I received immediate, polite and very helpful responses from the GM himself, Frank Wesselhoefft, Alvaro Acebal and the rest of the team. Plans were made to satisfy my requests and I was assured I was not to worry and that all would be taken care of.

Upon our arrival, we checked in and met members of management. It was immediately clear that they all knew exactly who we were. We were whisked to our hillside villa- the exact villa we had requested. Everything I had asked for was there (cutlery and crockery for baby, cot, baby linen, baby food in the fridge- restocked throughout the stay, and a top notch baby monitor). What really impressed me was that I had also been provided with a microwave to heat baby food and sterilise bottles, as well as a huge and beautiful wooden playpen (neither of which I had requested on the grounds of impossibility!). Upon enquiry, I was told that Frank Wessellhoefft had commissioned a carpenter to make the playpen for us when he had heard that we were travelling with a toddler. The playpen proved to be very useful and I am sure that families with babies staying at the Banyan Tree in the future will agree with me. Oh, and on Christmas Day our daughter received a Christmas gift from the resort, which was great as we had not brought many with us die to weight restructions on luggage. [On a side note, the music system in the room plays CDs, but docking stations for iPods are also available. Ask for one asap as there are a limited number].

Sumitra (I hope I have spelt that correctly), who manages the in villa dining, and the ladies of room service, were lovely, and food and cleaning was always done exactly when we requested it (we had to fit meals and room service around our child's odd sleeping times). The persons manning the concierge desk who answered the phones were efficient and polite. Everyone knew us by name, and knew what our requirements were. Sumitra would offer us options for baby food without me even asking for any. When our little one got a bit sick, he offered to source homeopathic remedies for us to settle her stomach (lemongrass tea etc). The staff would never call us at certain times as they understood that our child would be sleeping then and did not want the telephone to wake her.

I have gone into detail in this review to show that the service and management was, in our experience, exceptional, and this over the Christmas period when the resort was at 100% capacity. Thanks to all the staff at the Banyan Tree who went out of their way for us, and made a Christmas holiday really special. Particular thanks to Frank Wessellhoefft who oversaw all of this.

With regard to things other than service and management: we found our villa to be in good condition, with nothing broken, a lovely jacuzzi (we weren't expecting a jacuzzi. I'm not sure that all the hillside villas have one), and a beautiful clean pool. The next time we go I will request a villa further up the hill (505 onwards) for a better view (although the view from villas 501-504 was still lovely. We were in 501). We thought the food was generally very good though certain items we ordered more than once varied in quality the second time we ordered them. As we are not huge fans of eastern cuisine, we found the food from au Jardin to be the best (though our lobster Christmas Eve dinner at Saffron was fantastic). The half board option suited us down to the ground and the bill at the end of the stay for excess was a lot less than we had anticipated. On days on which I wanted to skip dinner and rather have a big lunch, management were more than happy to applky my half board option to lunch.

Our only real complaint is that the alcohol was very, very pricey to the point that the prices were prohibitive. While this is common in Seychelles resorts, it would be nice to see someone buck the trend (if possible).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JCLB63
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for this positive, constructive and detailed review that you have posted on our hotel.

We are delighted that our service and staff proved to be up to the standard and made your stay with us enjoyable.

Once again thank you for these wonderful review and we look forward to welcome you back to us again.

Kind regards,