Banyan Tree Seychelles
$408
$221
AVANIhotels.com
1,183 results
All reviewsbeachfront villathai restaurantour honeymoonprivate poolintendance bayin villa diningchez lamaron the rocksbuggy servicemain poolcrashing wavesfour seasonsmain buildingsteam roomcolonial stylespa treatmentsindian ocean
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Absolute waste of money and time. Rather visit Sainte Anne or Four Seasons, if you are looking for luxury, in the same price bracket as Banyan Tree.
Banyan Tree was poorly run, under staffed, badly maintained and disappointed us in every way possible (except for the spa).
I sent a detailed email to the resort, as well as Banyan Tree head office. 2 months later and I have still not received a response.
Absolutely shocking!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tiffany H
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear guest

We thank you for the detailed email about your recent stay with us. First of all we would like to express our sincere apologies for the impression you received of the hotel. Regrettably failing to fulfill your requests we have managed to make your holiday a rather disappointing experience.

We know that the damage has been done and no words will help to make it feel right. However the best we could is to extend our apologies and use this as a learning example for our future guests. I have shared your comments with all the departments concerned to ensure we will not repeat the same mistakes again.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back to us for another occasion and offer you a better service this time around.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had the chance to stay for weekend at Banyan Tree Seychelles and we really enjoyed it. The hotel looked perfectly after us and the Villa we stayed in was just amazing. Also the management did everything to please us and of course all guests. This is what I loved most. Even if the hotel was well booked you always had the feeling to be alone and very private.

We also had a very good dinner at the Buffet Restaurant with best seafood!

I can highly recommend it. We just loved everything at Banyan Tree Seychelles!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest
Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback that you have posted about our resort. It was a delight to extend our gracious service to you during your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again and for another occasion in our hideaway resort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I must say my experience of the Banyan Tree was completely the opposite to the reviewer below, and we stayed over the same period (December 2012).

Prior to our Christmas holiday at the Banyan Tree, I compiled a list of requests for our stay, as we were travelling with our 14 month old and wanted the trip to go as smoothly as possible. I also peppered the hotel with questions on an almost daily basis about the hotel, the facilities, the half board option and what it covered, the restaurants. room service, in villa dining etc etc (as a family we usually stay at all-inclusive resorts not on Mahe, but I had been to the Banyan Tree for dinner a few years previously and wanted to give it a try). From the word go, I received immediate, polite and very helpful responses from the GM himself, Frank Wesselhoefft, Alvaro Acebal and the rest of the team. Plans were made to satisfy my requests and I was assured I was not to worry and that all would be taken care of.

Upon our arrival, we checked in and met members of management. It was immediately clear that they all knew exactly who we were. We were whisked to our hillside villa- the exact villa we had requested. Everything I had asked for was there (cutlery and crockery for baby, cot, baby linen, baby food in the fridge- restocked throughout the stay, and a top notch baby monitor). What really impressed me was that I had also been provided with a microwave to heat baby food and sterilise bottles, as well as a huge and beautiful wooden playpen (neither of which I had requested on the grounds of impossibility!). Upon enquiry, I was told that Frank Wessellhoefft had commissioned a carpenter to make the playpen for us when he had heard that we were travelling with a toddler. The playpen proved to be very useful and I am sure that families with babies staying at the Banyan Tree in the future will agree with me. Oh, and on Christmas Day our daughter received a Christmas gift from the resort, which was great as we had not brought many with us die to weight restructions on luggage. [On a side note, the music system in the room plays CDs, but docking stations for iPods are also available. Ask for one asap as there are a limited number].

Sumitra (I hope I have spelt that correctly), who manages the in villa dining, and the ladies of room service, were lovely, and food and cleaning was always done exactly when we requested it (we had to fit meals and room service around our child's odd sleeping times). The persons manning the concierge desk who answered the phones were efficient and polite. Everyone knew us by name, and knew what our requirements were. Sumitra would offer us options for baby food without me even asking for any. When our little one got a bit sick, he offered to source homeopathic remedies for us to settle her stomach (lemongrass tea etc). The staff would never call us at certain times as they understood that our child would be sleeping then and did not want the telephone to wake her.

I have gone into detail in this review to show that the service and management was, in our experience, exceptional, and this over the Christmas period when the resort was at 100% capacity. Thanks to all the staff at the Banyan Tree who went out of their way for us, and made a Christmas holiday really special. Particular thanks to Frank Wessellhoefft who oversaw all of this.

With regard to things other than service and management: we found our villa to be in good condition, with nothing broken, a lovely jacuzzi (we weren't expecting a jacuzzi. I'm not sure that all the hillside villas have one), and a beautiful clean pool. The next time we go I will request a villa further up the hill (505 onwards) for a better view (although the view from villas 501-504 was still lovely. We were in 501). We thought the food was generally very good though certain items we ordered more than once varied in quality the second time we ordered them. As we are not huge fans of eastern cuisine, we found the food from au Jardin to be the best (though our lobster Christmas Eve dinner at Saffron was fantastic). The half board option suited us down to the ground and the bill at the end of the stay for excess was a lot less than we had anticipated. On days on which I wanted to skip dinner and rather have a big lunch, management were more than happy to applky my half board option to lunch.

Our only real complaint is that the alcohol was very, very pricey to the point that the prices were prohibitive. While this is common in Seychelles resorts, it would be nice to see someone buck the trend (if possible).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JCLB63
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for this positive, constructive and detailed review that you have posted on our hotel.

We are delighted that our service and staff proved to be up to the standard and made your stay with us enjoyable.

Once again thank you for these wonderful review and we look forward to welcome you back to us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've got married in this hotel and it was absolutely fantastic.
The hotel looked after us since we arrived at the airport, the staff is very kind and anticipated our needs and the wedding was fantastic.
Hotel staff made of our wedding and honeymoon and unforgettable experience.
Totally recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank Karem E

Dear Guest

Thank you for the constructive review of our resort posted here. We are glad that you enjoyed your wedding here with us.

Once again thank you we are looking forward to welcome you back this time around probably for your anniversary.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent a week at the Banyan Tree Seychelles and, after having experienced the Banyan Tree Bintan we came with high expectations.

First the good things:
The location is absolutely amazing - it is probably the best beach in Mahe, the look from the Hillside villas into the bay are stunning and the colonial architecture was very appealing. The villas are clean and the outside terrace good to relax.

What made us unhappy:
The whole resort is not well kept and needs a major makeovers. The covers of the sun loungers are rotten, the villa outdoor Jacuzzi is scruffy and does not invite to a bath and you see the ravages of time took his toll everywhere. The beach was gorgeous but many the sun chairs where broken and thoughtlessly piled in a corner and looked like rubbish so that it was some work to set them up while the service staff was watching from a distance. The food was extremely overpriced and was max. average quality but sometimes really poor - each restaurant around the corner can do better and won't charge a fortune. The breakfast was everyday the same - no variation or special things at all - 3star standard max. After mentioning this at the reception the receptionist told us many guests have complained before but the management does not want to change it.

The staff was not very attentive (with some exceptions) but they often give you the feeling you are just disturbing and while we experienced great service in Bintan with flowers on the bed and quick response we had to ask several times for everything - basic stuff like bathrobes, towels etc. - the laundry took 3 days + 4 requests to be delivered.

The 'highlight' was when power went off several times during day time and - what was especially annoying in the evening. The hillside villas where not connected to the generator (only beach villas are) while the main buildings continued running the massive outside christmas lights we sat in the absolute dark for a couple of hours. Things can happen and Thunderstorms where announced - understandable but no candles or no flashlights have been provided at the room although power went off during the day before several times and thus management should know-but they just don't care. No excuse, nothing - the manager told us Banyan Tree has to do make over as the group just took over the resort 4 months ago - which is clearly a lie! Surprising to us also was that on a windy day the sheets with the guest details where 'flying' around in and outside the public pool area - no staff around but everyone could read who is staying where incl. all remarks. Quite shocking and I have never seen such a careless way of handling personal data!

So all in all, you don't get what you pay for - at all and the whole place is max. 3 stars. We were quite disappointed and it is sad to see how they allow the resort to degrade. A general makeover, management that cares, improvement of food quality and the place would be perfect!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marylin22

Dear Guest

We would like to sincerely apologies for the short comings you experienced during your stay with us for your holiday. The power failure was not expected during this festive season.

We are indeed going to undertake renovation work soon; it is with this in mind that we extend our invitation to you to experience our new renovated hotel as soon as it is completed.