“View, Food, Atmosphere”

Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Takamaka
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I have not had my fair share of Seychellois Cuisine, so I am not exactly sure of what is out there. From asking taxi drivers to people working in shops in Victoria (around an hour away from this restaurant), the vast majority of them suggested I try Chez Batista, and I am very glad that I did. The view is beautiful, majestic, awe inspiring, peaceful, and the atmosphere was very familiar, I felt like I was sitting in my own backyard, except with someone there to hand me a menu and bring my order (except for the rice and side dishes, where you get to choose from a variety from a semi-buffet kind of setup). The food was tasty... very tasty.. very very tasty. The staff was lovely, and the chef was more than happy to share his recipe with me.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Sadly as the closest restaurant to our villa this one promised more than delivered.
Service was friendly, view is amazing beer was cold.....food was poor.
So....visit for a beer and the beach but can't recommend more I'm afraid.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

Very nice location, quiet and clean Takamaka Beach. Friendly server with choice of mini buffet or from the menu. We were not that hungry and picked the few items which were good. Price is reasonable and they allowed us to use the shower facility to change and take shower after jumping into the clean water. They have a cage with many giant turtles and you can enjoy watching them munching the vegetables and watermelon. Nice spot to spend one afternoon including light lunch.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

20/07/18: this day was our second visit at “chez Batista” however it was a complete disappointment.
We were told that the avocado and mango salad were not available, so we ordered the octopus salad and the calamari as appetizer. The octopus was very hard and the calamari looked like everything but calamari; they were frozen and old, you could taste it that they were not fresh, which is something you don’t expect from a restaurant right on the beach.
Then we ordered the tuna steak, mine was cooked okay however it was completely tasteless. My husband’s tuna steak didn’t taste like the fish was fresh; and after we have told them so they changed it to the Red Snapper which was better.
Along with these dishes they tell you to serve yourself with some rice, salad, lentils and other side dishes; however when I took some rice to the table it was really cold.
I’m sorry to say that the quality of the restaurant went really down compared to last year.
The location, on the beach, is spectacular though, if you want to watch the sunset and listen to the sound of the sea/waves it is so relaxing and beautiful!

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Beautiful location, right on Takamata beach. Fabulous photo opportunity. And visiting the turtles a must.