“Thoroughly enjoyed”

Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Takamaka
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Decided to take a trip down south and stopped off at the beach which in itself is wonderful. The restaurants in a lovely location, with sand floors and a real rustic feel. I chose the grilled fish, i asked the waitress what it was and I had a choice of parrot fish or red snapper. I'd never had parrot fish before so thought I'd try it. I want disappointed, a whole fish which was fantastic and the help yourself buffet was very tasty too. The staff are friendly and helpful. Very reasonably priced too for what you get. If I visit mahe again I will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Serves buffet and a la carte menu. Very relaxed setting with a sand on the floor.
The price is very reasonable too.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Well, what a pity!
Great location
Amazing view
What a potential!
But
Greedy management makes you feel as if they only see you as a wallet and this is a huge turn off.
We went there with a big group of friends. Got some soft drinks, beers (expensive!) snacks etc. - not cheap - but you pay for the location and my attitude is that good time and service costs and it's fine.
When one of our friends wanted to use their wifi for 5 minutes to send an urgent e-mail and they asked all of our group members to pay 10$ (each!) we decided to go and enjoy the island great beaches somewhere else.
Felt like a ripoff.
Enjoy Takamaka amazing beach - Just avoid getting inside Chez Batista.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

This place in the 1980's was small and simple. Slow but friendly.

On Sunday 27 Aug 2017 we went past it and tried to get a table. It was fully booked for a big party. It now accommodates many people. I understand they were fully booked. There is just one thing I cannot understand: why could they not tell me they were fully booked in a normal, friendly manner ?

The position is great and to me it brings back good memories. But I had lunch at Chez Batista in January 2017 and the service was mediocre and food was not that great. It was adequate, not more than that.

The position is superb.

Why not put a bit more of an effort and a little smile ??

It would be so nice...

Reviewed August 24, 2017

especially if you choose the creole buffet with all the typical dishes (Curry zourit, Smoked fish salad, rougail saucisse, chicken curry and coco, grilled fish...).
Careful only opens at lunch (starts a 12.30)