“Good restaurant, fantastic location, mediocre service”

Chez Batista Villas Rustic Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Takamaka
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Chez batiste is right on a fantastic beach at the south end of Mahe island. Menu during the week is typical local creole food, so if you like freshly caught fish, local curried anything and dollops of Pema sauce then this will be right up your street. Service is very typical Seychellois as well, I.e. aloof and unattentive but pleasant enough when engaged. Apparently the Sunday buffets are very good although we've never managed to be in the right place to try them ourselves.

Plenty of cocktails and drinks to while away the day on the beach enjoying the sandy beach which is very quiet most of the time with only a few people on it.

1  Thank TravelllingDave

Reviewed December 3, 2012

One of the best settings on the Island, right on the beach. Our waitress was lovely, but the food was at best average, nothing bad, but just failed to inspire and live up to the wonderful location. We went for lunch on a weekday, but it seems Sunday would have been more lively. Still worth a visit. A 90SR for a plate of French Fries, it is not cheap, but still worth a vist.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The restaurant is in a fantastic location with a perfect view on one of the best beaches of Mahe. The staff is quite rude and the menu is limited. We had lunch on sunday. The place is very crowded as the people of the island likes the place (fixed price creole menu ... quite expensive). We were placed outside and while we had lunch it started to rain heavily. All the people of Mahe was reassigned inside and just 2 foreign families were left under the rain. I remarked the unsatisfactory behaviour of the staff and the response from the manager was practically neutral. Don't waste your time in this place. Go elsewhere.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love this restaurant. I visit every time I am in the seychelles. The Sunday buffet is excellent. Well worth a visit. Also I was married here and Judith and the staff made the whole day perfect as my husband and i wanted an authentic Seychelles wedding not held in a five star hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I heard a lot about this place and decided to try it. Went there for a late lunch, nice settings ( sand in your feet, table, chairs). Restaurant was quiet, only 3-4 people around, 3 waitress. Ordered food, and waited forever. When we did get the food it was not really that good. Not somewhere I will go back unfortunately.