For reference we have also stayed at the Constance Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius which we found to be very good.
We chose Lemuria for our honeymoon and it did not disappoint.
We arrived early and we were able to use the VIP lounge and had a spacious bathroom/change room to have a shower and get refreshed which was just what we needed. Our room was ready shortly after.
The most fabulous thing about this resort, and the biggest reason we chose Lemuria is Anse Georgette - one of the most stunning beaches in the world. Being able to go there every day was just the best. We often went in the morning around 10am and found only one other couple there but it soon got fairly busy, but still relatively quiet for a beach. You must take time to walk up to the 15th tee to see the stunning views over Anse Georgette and beyond, maybe even to watch the sunset. Concierge give you towels and 750ml bottle of water each when you go to Anse Georgette. There is a car which goes there every hour on the hour, or it's a 10-15 min walk (but quite hilly). You can find shade on the beach by the trees as there is no service to this beach - no loungers, no umbrellas, no bar, no toilets etc. But this adds to the charm.
Our room was great and very luxurious. All the suites have ocean views over Anse Kerlan. We picked a top floor room for a bit more privacy. Our room was cleaned and turned down to perfection every day. I am a hot sleeper and I found the duvet to be too hot for me, even with the air-con on full blast. There was no top sheet so I had to push the duvet away from the cover (on my side!) and sleep under that. This was my only gripe. There were a mixture of european and british electrical sockets in the room.
I believe the hotel was full during our stay and it was nice to have an atmosphere at dinner as there were lots of people but it didn't feel crowded. There were quite a few children at the resort so I'd say it is definitely a family destination. The beach at the hotel - petit Anse Kerlan was busy however, and if you arrived later in the day it was fairly difficult to find a lounger, but you did eventually. It's just that there are no beach umbrellas - the only shade is behind the trees, so if you burn easily you might have a harder time finding a shady spot. Your chances of finding a lounger at the pool were pretty slim.
The food was very good. The buffet at the Legend was perfect even for every night and even though it was a buffet it was still romantic with it's outside seating and dim lighting. There was always lots of choice for dinner with numerous salads, a salad bar, breads, and various cooking stations. The desserts in particular were lovely. We also ate at the Seahorse and the Beach Bar and Grill which were both great too. You do have to book your restaurants as soon as you get there, or even before you arrive. We booked ours the second day and found we couldn't get in for a couple of days so we ate at the buffet for 3 days. We found the best place for lunch was by the pool rather than the beach. You can get pasta, burgers, pizza, creole dishes, salads and desserts. The hot breakfast selection did get a bit samey after a while but there was lots on offer, and continental options. Staff at the Legend bar were very friendly and attentive. The sommeliers are very knowledgable and will happily chat away. A bottle of wine will set you back around £40-50, cocktails about £10 each. Water is £2.30/750ml. We spent 1000 euros during our 10 night stay on drinks, lunch and spa and we certainly were not doing any of that to excess, or even every day.
The world cup was on during our stay and whenever there was a match on (which was in the evening) they would stop the music or artist in the bar and play the match on a big screen with sound. I couldn't care less for football and I felt this was annoying in the evening when there wasn't really anywhere else to go, especially as it was our honeymoon. I'm not saying don't show it...but did the sound have to be on, or could it have been in a different place and not the main bar?
We found by the end of the stay the staff learned our names and greeted us which added to the personal touch.
Compared to the Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius I would say that Lemuria is a step up in luxury but it did cost more. I'd happily go back to a constance resort any day. I'm so glad we chose Lemuria and I hope we'll be able to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Seychelles/Praslin Island