“Spoilt for Choice”
Review of Constance Lemuria

Constance Lemuria
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anse Kerlan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Mere words can't describe this paradise in the Indian Ocean. This was our third visit to a Constance hotel. They have all been excellent but the Lesmuria is that little bit special. From the spectacular moment you arrive at reception to that fond farewell every little detail is near perfection.

The accommodation is high quality and only a few yards from a deserted beach which offers a fantastic sunset only enhanced by a glass of champagne as a special start to the evening.

There are three pools that cascade down from the pool bar and with so many places to sit and relax either by the beach or by the pools never too busy. Attentive staff are always on hand if you fancy a cooling drink is snack or a visit to the beach bar offers a wide variety of tasty treats.

We were half board so our day started with a breakfast that had everything one could hope for, not only food but also the fantastic views from the Legend treetop restaurant. Three restaurants offered evening meals. The Legend a quality buffet that had different themes and two a la carte restaurants that also had not only excellent food but special menu nights. All the chefs took a pride in the quality of food they prepared.

Whatever the mood there is always something to do. Water sports, boat trips to other islands. Walks or a hotel bus to the spectacular Georgette Beach. Hiring a car for 65 euros a day lets you explore the island on the two main roads and visit miles of secluded beaches and quaint bars.

If sport and exercise is your way of relaxing there's a world class 18 hole golf course which has 12 challenging holes with water followed by 6 amazing holes in the mountain. I've never played golf that offered such views. Two tennis courts, small gym and relaxing spa.

Every member of staff we met were friendly and so helpful, no matter if they were front of house or simply brushing the falling leaves. This was true 6* service and by the end of our stay we felt we were part of a Lemuria family and not just passing guests.

Nothing can be perfect, so here's the drawback it's a long flight via Dubai or Abu Dhabi and once on the main island Mahe the choice is a 15 minute flight in a 20 seat plane or a transfer to fast ferry which takes a great deal longer. Take the plane it's like a sight seeing flight. As expected the cost of drinks and snacks are not cheap but considering the fabulous location and surroundings worth every penny.

Is it worth the long flights and cost? You bet and we will be returning as soon as we can. After all everything and everyone made our holiday so very special.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary P
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience and I am pleased that we made your stay memorable. I hope you will return to enjoy another visit to our beautiful resort soon and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kinds regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Constance Lemuria does not disappoint. It is set in the most beautiful location and the service is fantastic. We have previously stayed at Constance Belle Mare Plage on a number of occasions and in many ways this resort is similar, room design, building construction etc. but smaller and in a much better setting.
We are not great fans of self service dining but with two other lovely restaurants available this was not a problem. We had the most amazing 35th anniversary dinner at the Beach Bar and Grill. The chef there is outstanding and the waiters, Sohail in particular, always smiling and helpful. The lemon grass sauce with grilled fish was one of the most delicious things I have eaten anywhere!
The hotel grounds are lovely and immaculately kept, rooms thoroughly cleaned twice each day. Just a short walk through the golf course takes you to Anse Georgette, the most beautiful beach we have ever been on. In our opinion nicer than Anse Lazio which is much bigger and busier. We walked over the hill to Anse Lazio. Quite an experience! Beware, it is VERY steep and takes about an hour and be sure to get proper instructions as we made a couple of wrong turns. We opted for a taxi back which cost 40 euros as it is a long trip by road.
For 60 euros we hired a car for the day. Well worth it to see the island and visit the forest. Some of the roads are very steep but the coastline is beautiful.
The golf course was in good condition and has a lot of interesting holes, one with a helipad on the fairway! It was fairly quiet most of the time, particularly in the afternoons. Be sure to take plenty of golf balls, you will need them.
Sunsets are really special. We liked to take a drink down to the beach just outside the villas to watch the sun go down. Amazing.
All in all, a most memorable holiday in a wonderful hotel, in what must be one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Room Tip: Upstairs suites give you a bit more privacy on the balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; from our beautiful beaches, services provided, to the dining experiences… and it is true that our golf course is really amazing with its stunning sun set and views.
I hope you will return to enjoy another visit to our beautiful resort soon and it we will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed one night at Constance Lemuria on our tour of the Seychelles. I wish it could have been longer.

The wow factor started at check in, when they took us up from the lower level entrance check in to the main check in. They waited until our group had all gotten out of the golf carts (used for transportation around the resort) and then dramatically opened the double doors, allowing us to see the view from the lobby over the pool and to the ocean.

A welcome drink and a tour of the property followed. This resort has a lot going for it. There are 3 beaches. This is important because the winds at different times of the year make the beach rough and seaweedy. Since 2 of the beaches are on either side of a point of land, one is OK when the other is rough. The winds lasting from Nov. to March make the smaller beach by the pool, the rougher beach. The third beach is Anse Georgette, and it is beautiful, but not protected too much by headlands, so it was rough when we were there.

The facilities are great, and I liked the beach bar and restaurant, which overlooked the 2 beaches. Having the chance for a private dinner there was a plus. The sign at the main pool says that it closes at 6 PM, but the manager said it was open all night. I hope they get this discrepancy cleared up.

The rooms are all behind a line of trees, so they are hidden when looking at them from the beach. Of course this also means that there are no good sea views for most of them. (The presidential suite [at the end] seemed to be an exception).

Our room was large, and did not have a fluffy blanket on the bed, which was certainly OK with me as I dislike the alternate sweating and coldness that goes with trying to use a fluffy blanket. The TV remote was of a strange type, and it took me quite a while in the darkened room to find the on/off switch on it. The blinds were electric and didn't work for us. (We closed and opened them by hand). But an employee came the next morning and she got them to work just fine.

There was a clock in the room, and one receptacle which accepted US style plugs. The in room safe is quite large, and I was surprised that it did not show you the combination you had punched in when you closed it.

During the rainy season (January for sure), it apparently rains for an hour or two every night, but during the dry season they get no rain at all for long stretches. And please be aware that around Chinese New Year, a lot of guests arrive from China, so the hotel gets full. The hotel gets many important guests, apparently, as the head of the European Football League and his group were there while we were there (and eating in the buffet restaurant, just like the rest of us).

Our one dinner meal was in the very good buffet restaurant, and we were treated to dinner by the resident manager, Hilton, who not only regaled us with stories about his experiences (both in South Africa and in the Seychelles), but he also ordered some incredible wines for us to sample. Thank you, Hilton.

At breakfast, I noticed some things that might have been done better. For example, they cleared half the table for me (as I was dining alone) and they took away the salt and pepper when they did that. The salt is dished out with a spoon, by the way. There was a small wait for coffee. But when I asked to take a couple of chocolate croissants back to the room, they carefully wrapped them up for me.

I think the star attraction of this hotel is the golf course, and we were lucky to get a tour of its most famous holes - the 15th and 18th. Besides being beautiful, it looked like a real challenge to the golfers. Other reviewers have said to bring extra balls, as you will need them, and balls at the resort are expensive.

When checking out, our bill was small, as others had been treating us. It was around 350 SCR. When I was about to sign the credit card slip, I noticed that they had put it down as 350 EUR. They were most apologetic about that, but I felt lucky that I had caught it.

I would certainly say this is my favorite hotel in the Seychelles if price is no object, and would love to go back there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Hedo-goer
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear valued Guest,

What a wonderful review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; from our beautiful beaches, services provided by all our staff members, to the dining experience in Hilton's company… and it is true that our golf course is really outside of this world with its stunning sun set and views.
Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lémuria in the very near future for another Wow! stay.

Kind regards,

General manager

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a perfect place to escape from your everyday life and relax. The resort has a very high standard of design and beauty. Every detail seems to be considered. We had a marvelous time.

The rooms are of good standard and the cleaning is both frequent and thorough. The junior rooms are all located directly towards the sea and spacious enough.

We mostly ate at the buffet restaurant Legends and at The Bear Bar and Grill,my god it was so delicious and we got the chance to meet the Chef Aviraj who was so nice. The food was fantastic, After a while you get to know the dishes. The fresh fish and th lobster was always an alternative and the omelette for breakfast. The service was good, even if there was a decline in the service after the holidays.My best restaurant remains the Beach Bar and Grill.

The beach is good and frequently cleaned. It is not however the paradise beach of your dreams with the green/turquoise water you find no sharks or jelly-fish or other nasty in the water though,but we got the chance to see the baby turtles, it was great,the mum came to lay their eggs on the beach at night.And we did not missed the famous beach called the Anse Georgette,a deserted beach,we had a club car from the hotel to bring us there everyday.

Most people that visit this hotel are not probably golfers because the golf course was desert. For others there are plenty of other activities. Both SPA and gym were excellent. Also very good water-sports.

We really liked "The Legend Bar". Cosy and relaxing and with just the right level of entertainment and music.

prices for food and drinks was affordable. Many Russians. And don't miss the boat trip to the other islands absolutely amazing.

We would like to mention a few of the staff that really "walked the extra mile" for the guests: Sarah from the front office,who was there only one week, and was so fantastic,no words to describe this little,pretty Mauritian girl with always a Big smile,who did our check-in formalities..She made our holidays so unforgettable,the staff at the ''BBG'',the Chef and Luc at the concierge.

Room Tip: The junior rooms are all located towards the sea,but with trees in front of the balcony.

Room Tip: First level rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mariebis123

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your very positive reviews about Constance Lemuria and I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind feedback.
Thank you also for your kind compliments about the staff members and their efforts to make sure your stay with us here was perfect.
We are very pleased you managed to see the turtles on the beach, this is a very special moment!

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lemuria Seychelles in the very near future.

Kind regards
General manager

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Compared to other five star resorts I ahve visited and wspecially Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius I feel the staff is very polite and kind but nobody has said them what to do.
When having dinner guests often have to wait half an hour to get a sommilier and nobody has time to pour more wine after receiving the bottle.
In the golf course after a round very often nobody cares of you and your clubs, no wet towel service and a feeling to disturb thhe staff.
The prices in the golf pro shop two-three times higher than the market price ( cheapest balls 8 euros and you need them alot. ).
The dressing code for dinner is smart casual and long trousers for men. However especially Asian tourist come to have dinner in jogging shorts and slippers and nobody says anything.
Some visitors like to feed the birds when having their own breakfaast and so lot of birds come to breakfast area and eat from t he same buffet from where visitors should take their food. The feeding of birds should be prohibited.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels
1  Thank Matkailija1957

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Constance Lémuria.
We regret the discomfort you experienced during your stay with us and we’d like to apologize for it.
We highly value your feedback as it serves to help us to learn and improve our services where they may not be to our guests’ satisfaction.
Please note your comments have been shared with all our managers concerned for immediate corrective actions.
Nevertheless we hope you enjoyed your time with us and we would like to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Constance Lémuria very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel is located on the most beautiful part of the Praslin island! It has 3 beaches,one of them Anse Georgette is amazing!!! So beautiful.... Exactly like on the postcards! The other two are also very very nice.The rooms are big and clean,the restaurants are very good located with nice views! And the food is delicious!!!! Also the staff and the waiters are very friendly and they are doing their jobs very well on the Legend restaurants.Ritoo is THE BEST that I ever seen!!! He observe every detail it was amazing! I am sure that after years when we will come back FOR SURE we will find him on a better position! Also Shamira was very good and friendly! We couldn't find nothing negative to this hotel is paradise on earth and I highly recommended for honeymoon or for special vacations!!! Congratulations to the entire team! Great job on a magnific location!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Adina123
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your very positive reviews about Constance Lémuria and would like to sincerely thank you for your kind feedback.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed such wonderful moments with us and we are happy that the team gave you a memorable stay.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lémuria in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Absolutely amazing, we spent our honeymoon here for a week and couldn't of asked for more.
The hotel and location is perfect , but the hotels own private paradise beeches are something else . The hotel staff are extremely helpful , polite and very welcoming ( reception, buggy car drivers, cleaners, waiters/waitress's ) these guys really are a fantastic team. We would also like to thank Tawanda for all is efforts throughout our stay .
Our junior villa (78) was very spacious with a great balcony and only a few minutes walk from the beach , restaurants etc and was always cleaned daily and left spotless.

We also decided to have a massage in the hotel spa, as you would expect excellent!

The restaurant food is always cooked / served to the highest standard.
We would also like to thank the management for our complimentary bottle of champagne & our honeymoon meal.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveltime333

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate the occasion of your Wedding.
It is a great pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience and we are pleased that we made your stay special.
We hope you will return to enjoy another visit to Constance Lémuria soon and it we will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
#3 of 11 in Anse Volbert
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suite...
#1 of 1 in Anse Bois de Rose

Been to Constance Lemuria? Share your experiences!