Mere words can't describe this paradise in the Indian Ocean. This was our third visit to a Constance hotel. They have all been excellent but the Lesmuria is that little bit special. From the spectacular moment you arrive at reception to that fond farewell every little detail is near perfection.
The accommodation is high quality and only a few yards from a deserted beach which offers a fantastic sunset only enhanced by a glass of champagne as a special start to the evening.
There are three pools that cascade down from the pool bar and with so many places to sit and relax either by the beach or by the pools never too busy. Attentive staff are always on hand if you fancy a cooling drink is snack or a visit to the beach bar offers a wide variety of tasty treats.
We were half board so our day started with a breakfast that had everything one could hope for, not only food but also the fantastic views from the Legend treetop restaurant. Three restaurants offered evening meals. The Legend a quality buffet that had different themes and two a la carte restaurants that also had not only excellent food but special menu nights. All the chefs took a pride in the quality of food they prepared.
Whatever the mood there is always something to do. Water sports, boat trips to other islands. Walks or a hotel bus to the spectacular Georgette Beach. Hiring a car for 65 euros a day lets you explore the island on the two main roads and visit miles of secluded beaches and quaint bars.
If sport and exercise is your way of relaxing there's a world class 18 hole golf course which has 12 challenging holes with water followed by 6 amazing holes in the mountain. I've never played golf that offered such views. Two tennis courts, small gym and relaxing spa.
Every member of staff we met were friendly and so helpful, no matter if they were front of house or simply brushing the falling leaves. This was true 6* service and by the end of our stay we felt we were part of a Lemuria family and not just passing guests.
Nothing can be perfect, so here's the drawback it's a long flight via Dubai or Abu Dhabi and once on the main island Mahe the choice is a 15 minute flight in a 20 seat plane or a transfer to fast ferry which takes a great deal longer. Take the plane it's like a sight seeing flight. As expected the cost of drinks and snacks are not cheap but considering the fabulous location and surroundings worth every penny.
Is it worth the long flights and cost? You bet and we will be returning as soon as we can. After all everything and everyone made our holiday so very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Seychelles/Praslin Island