it has taken us a while to write this review, however this awesome hotel and its kind and gentle hospitality will remain in our memories forever.
From the generous welcome - with refreshing cold towels, a nice thirst quencher of a tall drink and warm and friendly smiles of welcome, to a heavy hearted departure, as we did not want to leave this place. The warm hospitality and vibrance of the staff, looking after your every whim, taking care of your daily needs - the cleanliness of our accommodation and each perfect day we spent here, was perfect indeed. Walking into our spacious room, we were amazed to find a beautiful oval bath in the corner of our room, perfect to wash away the heat of the day, the terrace we sat out on - with the view of the sea - was so calming and peaceful. We had hammocks strung on the terrace between the palm trees right in front of our room which was awesome to lie in and read or sleep - directly under the swaying palms that shielded you from the sun. the comfort of the rooms were amazing - much to our expectation and surprise - as we did not expect to have such a large, airy well furnished and appointed room with all the amenities at ones fingertip. the colours of the decoration and style was beautiful in this split level room - all in various shades of blue and blending so nicely together gave us the impression that this was so well thought out - for the comfort of the guests. The simplicity and style matching one another to perfection made our accommodation feel like home.
We were booked on a half board basis which included breakfast and dinner. Dinner was served in their main restaurant every evening and what was so special about this - is that it was varied everyday - with different meals and themes. Most of all, the food was delicious and the kitchen team did their very best to accommodate to our tastes - which if I may add is not easy - as we are fussy diners. The friendliness of the entire team - from Philip, one of the managers - to the big guy Owen at the reception as well as well as lovely Edwina on the bar, so friendly and helpful all the time, really polite and accommodating. Nothing was an effort for them to arrange for us. Our only regret is that we did not stay here longer. The peace and nature of the resort is overwhelming and you really need to pinch yourself to make sure it is real. The evenings are dark and balmy - creating a mood of relaxation and freedom, away from the big city one really feels at peace. The gardens are beautifully lit at night.... in a very subtle Iight making it so romantic.
I believe they will be adding a spa to this hotel in the future and we would certainly like to travel back here one day to experience that. My ultimate favorite was lying snuggled up on a cosy day bed on the Fishermans Jetty - which lies over the ocean, reading a book or just gazing out to sea.
Very conveniently our representative was based at the hotel and she arranged trips to other islands by boat and we even visited La Digue on our own, which the hotel reception booked for us. It was so easy. The hotel also offers a free shuttle bus service to one of the most beautiful beaches on Praslin called Anse Lazio - which is awesome and a must to visit.
This hotel is a must to stay in if you are travelling to Praslin, it is so calm, peaceful and friendly that it really makes you want to come back. Even though we have left a while ago, as well as visited other islands and hotels in the Seychelles, the Coco de mer, by far has captured our hearts and the memory of our stay here we have taken with us forever. I have a very strong feeling that we will return here again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty, safety, peace, tranquility and quality, surrounded by nature, and named after the unique Coco de Mer Palm tree which, although extremely rare, occurs in abundance in the tropical forests, around the Hotel. This traditional yet modern, four star hotel lies in over 200 acres of natural beauty on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands, forested mountainsides and glorious sunsets. Located on the 2nd largest island in the Seychelles, Praslin, at Anse Bois De Rose, on the South west coast • Distance from airport – 8 km (15 minutes by taxi). • Flight time from the main island, Mahé, is 15 minutes • 55 Minutes by high speed ferry boat Adjacent to the Coco De Mer, our junior suite wing, “the Black Parrot Suites”, are perched on an imposing granite rock out-crop, that offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Hotel Anse Bois De Rose
- Coco De Mer - Black Parrot Suites Seychelles/Praslin Island