The reviews here are rather off-putting, and based on our experience now somewhat outdated. This hotel is not frequented by many English - we were the only ones there, being surrounded by French, Germans and Italians. That's not a problem because all the staff speak English, but for a more representative view of the hotel look at ratings on the French Tripadvisor website.
We had booked a package so took what was given but our experience was much enhanced by having a Superior room (the standard rooms whilst having a verandah look small and dark) and half board package. Half board is necessary as options to eat elsewhere are limited by the hotel's location.
This is a very relaxing hotel - the isolation (one can only reach the hotel by boat from the main ferry jetty in Praslin) adds to the feeling of being in paradise and the views from the hotel are extremely scenic. Breakfast and dinner are both buffets with good selection and quality. Staff are pleasant if somewhat reserved in providing proactive service - the exception being the extremely attentive, hard-working and friendly barman Anoura (?). Beach is great too.
All in all this is a good value hotel in a great location when compared with other hotel locations we saw on trips round the island.
Hint: Wi-if only available in public areas and a little slow particularly in evening when iPads and iPhones are prominent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on its own private beach at Anse la Farine, the New Emerald Cove Hotel, provides the perfect gateway to one of the most distinctive islands in the world: Praslin.Anse La Farine is situated opposite the Baie Ste. Anne jetty and the Hotel is reached by short boat trip. With the sea being the only access route, the New Emerald Cove offers its lucky guests a unique experience: that of being on an island of one’s own.The HotelIdeally situated between a thickly wooded hill on one side, and the azure sea on the other, the New Emerald Cove offers comfortable and refined accommodation in an unforgettable tropical setting. As there is no road access tranquility and privacy are ensured.The reception, the impressive high-ceiling restaurant and the seven chalets - totaling 42 rooms - and are scattered in the lush gardens just beyond a white sandy beach. The swimming pool, cleverly located almost on the beach itself, offers beautiful views of La Digue and Round Island: a scenery that deserves to be admired. This, of course, provides the lucky guests with the added incentive for perfectly justifiable, guilt-free lazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Emerald Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Emerald Cove Hotel Praslin Island
- New Emerald Cove Praslin Island