“Without doubt the best hotel on Mahe by a mile.”

MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Louis
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service is impeccable, the food is excellent and the villas are gorgeous. The attention to detail is superb - from the incredible coco de mer bathroom taps to the service from all of the staff (including your butler) to the questionnaire that you fill in before you arrive to ensure that everything is to your liking (music, flowers, etc).

The hotel is situated on one of Mahe's best beaches (Anse Louis) and even though the beach itself is not a private one - no beaches are in Seychelles unless you are on a private island - the resort is incredible exclusive. They do not allow non hotel guests to use the hotel facilities, so the place does not feel crowded. In fact, for the whole of our stay we did not even see another hotel guest - although we did eat all of our meals in our villa! You could probably spend the entire holiday in your villa, swimming in your pool and looking at the stunning views. However this would be a shame because there is a lot in Seychelles that is also worth seeing.

Our butler Samantha was brilliant and provided an incredible service. As a Seychellois she was able to tell us a lot about the country, which gave an added dimension to our stay. Basically this is the hotel to come to if you want a tailored experience - if you can think of it, they will provide it and we simply had the time of our lives.

We will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you want maximum privacy then take a villa in the hills rather than one on the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank loobyloz83
Clive F, Public Relations Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience and I am pleased that we made your stay special.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back on your private peninsula in the Seychelles.

Regards,

Clive Figaro on behalf of Frederic Vidal (Resort Manager)

There are newer reviews for MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband Mike and I spent our last 3 nights in the Seychelles at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa on Mahe Island. I can only describe this as a totally exquisite experience. On arrival at the airport, you are collected by the hotel PR who suggests excursions, finds out if you need a car, and points out the local attractions en route to the hotel. The entrance and reception is captivating and starts to prepare you for the most amazing journey you continue on...scented flowers, exquisite gardens as you wind your way past the spa and restaurant area up to your private villa to meet your butler. It is all just breathtaking. Maia takes detail and service to a new level. The views are incredible and the privacy factor just amazing.The villa is so spacious and built on different levels. You have a private pool and a further pool surrounding a large outside bath which gets filled with flowers and decorated with shells and candles with champagne and canopies as a "surprise". You have the choice of sunbathing in loungers that you wade to in your shallow pool or the private white sandy beach near the restaurant. We enjoyed dinner in our villa served by the butler as well as the restaurant which is an experience in itself. Here you are told which chefs are on duty and they prepare meals created just for you. Mike had the best sushi he has ever tasted and the detail again was at another level. For couples this has to be the most romantic and private place. The spa too is in a setting which appeals to all your senses and the massages we still dream about! Compliments and thanks to all the staff who made our stay so special. We highly recommend Maia on all levels for an exceptional holiday. It really is a taste of heaven! Jenny and Mike Stricker-Greeff

Room Tip: Any villa is special as you get driven around in golf carts so no need to worry about the steep hill...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RubyCapeTown
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed only one night at the Maia, and had a late check out till late afternoon, no words enough to explain the view from our villa, the ocean Panoramic Villa # 214, for the past few weeks we reviewd a lot of Mahe hotels reviews, and posted the usual Maia Vs 4 Seasons etc. posts, at the end we are so glad that we made the wright decision, I will not repeat what was written here in most of the reviews, yes it is very expensive, but it worth every penny you will pay; staff are very well selected and trained, our buttler Erna was so helpful, not only for preperaing our meals, moreover,she gave us many advice and help us in having a wonderful stay in this paradise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sweify54
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived for a 4 night stay in a hillside villa which had a sea view but with limited view
We where met by our butler who would cook our breakfast in villa every day .
All well and good if you want a 3rd party at breakfast .
We found the hotel reluctant to let us know where, and the quality of the local restaurants . We took 2 chances and found after a 45 euro taxi ride on both occasions the food not to be much .
We then found a restaurant 5 mins away whilst on a day trip which the hotel we where later told, did not like telling the guests of its existence, in order to keep you trapped paying extortionate prices in it's own restaurant .
So if you want to pay £5.30 incl tax and service for a can of coke .then this is for you if not then you should look elsewhere

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Chris S
Clive F, Public Relations Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

On behalf of the Management of the Maia Luxury Hotel & Spa, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. Your comments are valuable to us, as we are constantly evaluating how we can improve our services to provide you our valued guest with the deluxe treatment you expect and deserve.

We were therefore disappointed to hear that your felt the butler service was a little intrusive, as discretion is part of our philosophy and we pride ourselves on this service. We also understand that guests like to explore the island and experience different dining options, but do advise that these outside restaurants are simple and casual offering Creole cuisine, and we only recommend a select few which we know try and deliver good food and service. Our food and beverages rates are in line with other properties of the same level in Seychelles.

It’s the little touches that we continually provide like the surprise bath and fresh coconut from our garden, which was specially prepared for you that we believe show how valuable you are.

Thank you for your feedback; it is appreciated as it enables us to ensure that we deliver on our reputation as being one of the best deluxe resorts in the Seychelles. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back as our valued guest.

Clive Figaro on behalf of Frederic Vidal (Resort Manager)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at three islands while visiting and I have to say Maia was my second favorite. The villa is beautiful and the beach was great, we had a beach villa so it was so convenient for us. Our butler Sellwin was exceptional. He made us breakfast everyday and arranged our dinners for us. The spa is great, I get lots of massages and this was probably one of the best massages ever! I would definatley go back here again. The Staff is very friendly and concerned about your needs, food is very good, and they made my husbands birthday very special! Only one complaint and that was the bed, that mattress in our room definatly has had it, was extrememly uncomfortable to the point that i took pills for sleeping ( which i only brought for the plane!) Other than that its a must

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank iris g
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Maia for five nights back in May/June. As you'd imagine, this is one of those places that manages to exceed all expectations. The idea of a personal attendant seemed to be excessive upon first arrival but that fear passed as the staff are extremely adept at making you feel at home...a really, really nice home.

We stayed in one of the few beachfront villas. it was fantastic. Ocean waves could be heard thought your private yard and into the bedroom. There was more than enough privacy for my liking but I can see why they offer more remote locations for those seeking total solitude. I wouldn't have traded in the beachfront room for anything. It was a pure joy.

From past reviews I got the feeling that this resort tried to keep you onsite. I like to explore and that was my one hesitation (aside from price). Let me dispel that idea. The Maia staff were happy to assist in getting a rental car and offering great places to explore.

We visited almost all the beaches on Mahe (Praslin and La Digue too). The beach right in front of your door is truly exceptional, even by the high standards of the Seychelles. While the ocean waves are strong, it's easy and fun to swim. They even have staff monitoring swimmers but I think it's mostly for a sense of security should the unexpected occur.

The restaurant was great too. While we did eat out once, we found the food and wine to be well above my expectations. Yea, the peppercorn fish was amazing. I'd go back just for that. The spa was excellent but I prefer a swim in the ocean any day.

Things I enjoyed most were; the breakfast served on the patio or by the beach, the room itself, the chef in the restaurant who made my wife's day by cooking vegetarian dishes like that was his gift to this world, and being able to walk into the ocean whenever the mood struck.

Room Tip: Rooms by the beach have a grassy yard and beach access but also lack a tiny bit of privacy. I loved...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank matblk
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If I had to describe the Maia place in word I would use EXCEPTIONAL in big bold characters.
Maia is not a hotel it's a place where all your senses are activated... You are dreaming with open eyes...
The location is amazing, the villas are outstanding, the facilities are fabulous I don't even know how I could describe this incredible experience I had there.

First of all we had a pick up arranged - a wonderful lady from the hotel came to pick us up right that the bottom of the plane. She was waiting for us with a VIP pass. Once we took our luggage we were transferred in a luxurious car.
Once we arrived at the welcome pavilion the director of the hotel greeted us.
We were then taken to our villa in a golf cart. Once in our villa we did our check in and we were assigned a private and personalized butler.
She opened the door of the villa and said "welcome home" - once again I was extremely touched by this.
The kind size bed was facing the huge full length windows overlooking the amazing Indian ocean.
The bathroom had a shower with windows everywhere and there was a huge tub in a hut outside of the villa.
The amenities where La Prairie (very posh)!

Each villa are VERY private we never saw our neighbors. The restaurant was amazing and our romantic dinner in Villa was beyond expectations.

We also tried to spa - and once again it was a dream - the massage ladies are all from Bali (they even have a Maia school of massages in Maia where they are trained to do a Maia signature massage).

One UNIQUE point is the butler - before arriving at the hotel you have to fill in a sort of questionnaire that tells them more about you and then they assign you someone. It is just not a butler it becomes then a person part of your family of your friendship circle. Our butler was constantly reading our minds - she would always do something to surprise us and it would always be something that we would want deep inside ourselves... just amazing.

I travel a lot since years and to be honest I have ever experienced this before neither after - the synonym of this place is "PERFECTION".

I cannot recommend enough to go there...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island

Been to MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!