“had a really family welcome could not do enough to help you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballybogy
Kilmail Country Chalet
Ranked #1 of 1 Ballybogy B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2011

this is the third time we have stayed .if anyone looking a friendly place to stay with good food and comfort i would go ahead and book you wont be dissappointed .Great bed &breakfast well worth the money

Room Tip: very clean and fresh comfortable beds
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank 20511break

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Bryan and Annie helped to make our first visit to Northern Ireland both memorable and comfortable. Their large bungalow is quiet and peaceful, with open views over adjacent farmland, and no noise at all, giving a good night's sleep. In fact, our bed was the most comfortable I have slept in for a long while.

We were met with friendliness and courtesy, and Bryan was a fount of local information. Our rooms were large, spotlessly clean and well appointed, all in a modern style, with ensuite wet rooms. Towels were large and fluffy!

We dined locally, at Bryan's suggestion, about five miles away. Kilmail is about that distance from the northern coast, with Portrush and Bushmills close at hand.

Cooked breakfast the next morning was delicious, cooked by Annie, with terrific choice, from fruits and juices through to different breads. We said goodbye with real regret, and would certainly return when we visit Northern Ireland again. And the sun shone!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Outstanding! We loved the true country location....very quiet. It was our conveniently located home for two nights while we visited the Cliffs of Moher and surrounding sights of the Antrim Coast. Bryan and Annie were delightful hosts and provided all of the comforts of home. The rooms at Kilmail were large and the beds comfortable. The spacious, hot showers were the best on our two week trip throughout Ireland. Bryan's vast knowledge of Irish history and geneology was of great help to my sisters and me in tracking our roots in Ireland. We would highly recommend Kilmail Country Chalet.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Brian and Annie Watton are 7th generation successful Ballymoney dairy farmers. Passing the farm on to the 8th generation has allowed them both to enjoy what must have been their true calling - that of bright, warm and wonderful bed and breakfast inn keepers. Our stay with them included a clean, spacious, contemporay room, upgraded ammeities, and interesting conversation. Brian treated us to a view of a coastal Northern Ireland sunset from a vantage point that only locals would know of. Brian calls it the Grand Canyon of Northern Ireland - then down for a drive on the beach at dusk.
When someone talks of the North Atlantic ocean I will think of walking in it's surf at dusk and of Brian and Annie. Highly recommended stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed at the Kilmail Country Chalet for 2 weeks, whilst i was on a work placement. Both Annie and Brian made me feel very welcome. Whilst I stayed at the chalet Annie and Brian cooked me fresh caught mackerial and bbq that evening. They made me feel part of their family and it was very reassuring as i was unfamilair of the surrounding areas. whilst my stay at the chalet i had guests visit me and they also were welcomed with a warm welcome and a cuppa tea. I have booked for the near future for my husband, children and I to stay at this friendly, welcoming and relaxing enviroment. Thanks Annie and Brian.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Bryan & Annie were amazing hosts. They immediately made us feel at home, and made us feel like we were part of their family.
The room was very spacious, bright & clean, and as we were travelling with our baby they even had a crib for us (not just the travel playpen/crib). They served a wonderful breakfast as well.
It was easy to find their home, and it was an easy drive from their home to great sights such as Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, and more. They also had great recommendations for a place for Dinner, and their recommended route to enjoy the coast as we travelled from their home to our next destination.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My wife, 3 boys, & I stayed with the Wattons and remember it as one of the highlights of our trip through Ireland (North & South). As hosts, they were over the top in friendliness. Their facilities were clean and comfortable. We left feeling as if we had acquired new friends.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DaveL62

Been to Kilmail Country Chalet? Share your experiences!