Gamboa Rainforest Resort
Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$83
$76
$60
Holiday Inn Panama Canal(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$95
$81
$81
$57
Priceline
Central Park Hotel(Panama City)
$64
$41
$127
$74
$53
Hotel Marbella(Panama City)
$40
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $51/night.

AZ Hotel & Suites(Panama City)
$61
$51
$49
1,889 results
All reviewschagres rivermonkey barpanama canaltour deskaerial trampool barcaravan tourgift shopall inclusive packagehammock on the balconynight tourorchid gardenfree nightrainy seasonriver viewembera indian villagedinner buffet
Reviewed November 22, 2010

It's a hotel 30 km from the city. it has many tours but they arequite expensive. if you want to stay a few days here, its fine, but you'll get bored after a week. if you're on a budget, find tours youself for 1/3 the price.

restaurant overpriced.

rooms were nice and comfortable.

small disco in the hotel but nobody in it.

they close the pool everytime it rains and make everyone go inside

absurd price for internet which was slow.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ted1988
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We decided to try two different hotels in Panama in order to get a feel for the types of accommodations. I thought staying in the rainforest would be a pretty unique opportunity. Indeed it was. Waking up to a glorious rainforest and one of the largest rivers in the world was an awesome experience. The staff was helpful and advised to avoid the balcony after 7pm due to the mosquitoes. And they were correct! 7pm on the dot, the biting pests came out in vengeance. I'm not sure if many people know that you can use the hot tube for free. It was really relaxing after a long day full of activities. Other than the location, a great selling point of the hotel is the free tours that it provides it's guest. We took full advantage of the night tour, and kayak ride. We also took the bikes out for a ride around the property and learned very quickly that we are totally out of shape city people. One of the best treats of the trip was the ceviche. It was the best ceviche that I've ever had. The pool was nice and relaxing as was the hammock on our balcony. The only disadvantage of the hotel was the meal times. If you missed one you are basically SOL and have to pay for room service. Additionally, there are no options to eat off site because the resort is located in the middle of the rainforest. When we did make it in time for meals, the food was respectable. This is a great hotel if you want to experience nature, a tranquil setting and something different. Pack snacks and make sure you get to the restaurant on time and you will enjoy the experience.

To read more about Panama and the Gamboa Rainforest resort, log on to www.urbantravelite.com

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank urbantravelite
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband, son (11) and I loved our stay at this special resort. We had read reviews regarding the expensive and distasteful food and were pleasantly surprised. The grounds are well maintained and groomed. The hotel is stunning. I encourage anyone considering this resort to leap at the opportunity. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank SanClementeReitler
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We travelled with sunwing with the "inclusive plan"

The flight was FULL and we did not get seats together, even after checking in more than 3 hours ahead of time. We had a stop-over in Costa Rica so it was about 8 hours from Toronto.

Once we landed, going through customs was a breeze and our shuttle was waiting for us after we got our luggage. There were only 2 of us from the full sunwing flight going to Gamboa resort. The driver did not speak one word to us the entire hour it took us to get to the resort.
Check-in was quick as it was just the 2 of us but there was no explaination as to what was included. we were just handed our room key and told where it was. We got to the resort around 3:30 and we were starving as the last meal we had was breakfast on the plane. The only food available at that time until 6:30 pm was the Monkey bar snack menu which we had to pay for a meal. The only drinks that were included were national brands and even then, staff did not know if they were included. This seemed to be a common theme throughout our stay. None of the staff spoke english and were not helpful in answering questions at all.They also seemed annoyed to be serving us and we never saw them smile. And we were very generous with tips but still no change.

As for the "inclusive" part of the trip, nobody knew what was included so it was extremely frustrating.
The 2nd day we were there was a holiday and no alcohol was served. We were not informed of this until we tried to order drinks. Other people we spoke to from other resorts did not encounter the same problem, they were still served. As it was a holiday, many locals stayed at the hotel. That is when our service went from bad to worse. It was like we didnt exist, especially not being able to speak Spanish. There was never food left at the buffet, no matter what time we went. The A la Carte restaurant was closed every day so the only dinner option was the buffet.
We decided to leave this resort after only a few days because even after speaking to the general manager, nothing changed.

The Gamboa hotel itself is absolutely beautiful as is the location. It is surrounded by rainforest and has breath taking views. The rooms were also nice and clean and beds were very comfortable.
The free trips around the resort were also very worth while. As was the monkey boat tour and the aerial tram. We were happy we got to see the wildlife we did in staying there but would not return because of the lack of service, no english speaking staff and zero personality. Nobody cared whether we were happy or not.

As for sunwing, we never had the chance to meet our representative at Gamboa as he was never there, only on call. I had to pay to call him and explain why we wanted to leave our resort. He was not very helpful and really didnt want to go through the extra work to see what other resorts were available. I told him we wanted to stay at the Breezes and he made every excuse to make me change my mind and tried to stick us in a 3 star place that is part of the same company as Gamboa. We had to pay our way to Breezes which was 2 hours from Gamboa and we had to pay a couple hundred dollars to switch to the different resort, even though it was way cheaper to stay at Breezes then Gamboa, Once we got to Breezes, the Sunwing representitive was not there and they had no record of our reservations, even after our credit card was charged. It didnt get sorted out until 2 hours later!!!! We were then told that "Daniel" from Sunwing wanted to meet us in the lobby at 7pm. We were told at 7pm that he was on his way. 45 minutes later, he still hadnt showed up and when we asked reception, we were told he was eating dinner. Meanwhile, we still had not eaten our dinner. He never did show up. The next day we had to hunt him down again to see what he wanted and to ensure that the rest of our trip was sorted out.

We travel alot and never complain about anything, but we were very disappointed in this resort, especially for the price that you pay and with Sunwing. Breezes was a wonderful way to end our trip and we wished we stayed there from the start.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tigriss
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed at the Gamboa Rainforest for 2 nights from Oct 4-6th. This was part of a Sunwing All inclusive package that started 5 nights at Breezes Panama. The transfer was included but I choice to forgo the transfer and use the day to see Panama City and the canal. I used the wonderful services of panamaroadrunner. I highly recommend this. Ashley is a truely a great person.

Room - Historical Villa #2511

This second floor room was the closest villa to the hotel. Perhaps a 3 minute walk at most. I loved the room. Yes it's old but has so much character with it's high ceilings and many windows. I saw many birds and loved the neques.

Hotel - simply beautiful.

I have had this hotel on my radar for a couple of years now and am so glad I finally got the chance to visit. The views are simple breath taking. The lobby is spectacular.

Tours

The hotel offers 4 free tours, birdwatching, kayaking, bike riding and the night safari. We only had time for the night safari which we did on the first night. You are taken around the resort on a safari type truck looking for animals. We did see birds and owls and some type of monkey. The guide was very informative and was trying very hard to find animals. Of coure you're in the wild. You can't guarantee alot of animals.

We paid for the monkey & aerial tram tour. Both were great with the monkeys being my favorite.
I found the tour desk very helpful & pleasant. There is a board there to sign up for the free tours. The paying tours you pay for prior to going in case of weather.

The morning of our departure we did walk into the town of Gamboa/ We saw an armidillo on the way. It's a lovely walk.

Food - great!

As mentioned, we were an all inclusive but pool & bar snacks were not included. We did buy lunch at the pool bar which cost $40 for a club sandwich & chicken wings which included fries and we had 5 heinkens during the afternoon (national beer would of been included). Coming from Toronto I don't find this expensive for a lunch, especially at a resort.

Dinner buffet was included but you do sign for it - $60 for 2 buffets & a drink each. Again, not expensive in my eyes for a resort. The buffet was great for dinner & breakfast.

Overall - all staff were freindly and attentive. A beautiful place with a great pool. I will return to Gamboa. I would of loved to spend at least another day here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple