The location of the resort was amazing! The views and ambiance were extraordinary. When I made our reservation I booked what I thought was a normal king size bedroom, however when we checked in (late at night from the airport) my husband and I were placed in the "historic villas." It would have been nice but it was horrible because there was only one air conditioner, that was in the bedroom and didn't cool off the rest of the villa. The bathroom didn't have a fan or air. Just a window with a screen and it was sticky and miserable inside. We dealt with it the first night but the next morning when I woke up and took a cold shower my husband and I decided that for the price we paid we should at least have a few basic accomidations so we asked to be moved to the hotel. The people at the front desk were not very nice in handling our request but finally they did at $20 extra a night. It hardly seemed fair. It wasn't our fault that the villas weren't accomidating! We loved the resort itself but felt that the meals and tours were overpriced. We took the aerial tram tour. It was nice but it should have only been an hour instead of two. The food in the restaurants was very good and we especially liked the staff in the breakfast and lunch buffets. We also went to "Summit" and saw all the animals in the zoo. Watch out for the Coatimudi! He may be cute but his claws hurt- take it from someone who knows! Me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort