We enjoyed our two night stay at the lodge. It's a great base from which to visit Pipeline Road, Miraflores, Summit Zoo, etc. A beautiful site and property in so many ways, yet you can't help but think of things they could do better. Our bird guide Carlos Acosta was terrific. Most of the tour desk staff seemed pretty helpful. Some of the reservation desk and bar staff weren't at all. Worst margarita ever at the bar here. Totally flavorless. Food just ok at Los Lagartos and hotel dining room. We enjoyed staying in the historic villas for the most part. We could walk right out in our back yard and see all kinds of great birds (toucans, trogons, etc). Villa was nice and bright with windows on three sides. Nice to have a little sitting room, but we never used the kitchen. Would have preferred a villa not directly in front of a speed bump/tope/policia muerto. Lodge's buses and other traffic roar up and down the road till late at night - gearing up and down as they pass over speed bump. Made sleeping with windows open nigh impossible. Bed sheets were sort of pilled/fuzzy - almost like flannel -- just made you feel hotter. And yeah, we know it's the tropics but found those 3 or 4 two-inch cockroaches a bit unnerving the first night, especially when on the ceiling over the bed. We'd go again to enjoy the surrounding area, but would be sure to get a villa off the main drag - or maybe get a nice room in the hotel itself if we could score one for less than $300!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort