The gamboa Resort needs a lot of improvement. The staff were not very friendly or helpful. When I left a wake up call nobody called. The staff was even rude at times. In the restaurant when the waiter got our order wrong he got angry and had a very poor attitude towards us. Not a smile to be found anywhere on his face. The buffets were very costly and the menu is very, very limited. If you choose to stay here make sure that breakfast is included!
The women in the gift shop and in the spa were wonderful. As a massage therapist I was very impressed with Moritza.
The pool was beautiful and the river view from my room was very nice. The room was great but I was in the second building which was very far away. Especially when I told them I had a bad back and was having trouble walking, they still put me a room which I had to walk up and down many ramps. The balcony was very nice with exception that the hammack was filthy. I would have loved to have been able to use it.
The guides were just ok. We were not fortunate enough to see much wildlife which was not their fault but they also spoke quite loudly so as to scare them away.
We are seasoned travelers and I have never written a review before but I think it is important for others to get an idea of what this place has to offer or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort