The hotel is built in a beautiful location and is well maintained. Staff is well trained and provides very good service, including restaurants, room, excursions and reception. Green areas are the best of it. The things I didn't like:
1. Clients have to pay to access the wifi service in the rooms (free at the reception area) and the price is way too high. This is a retrograde policy. IF you want to skype relatives without cost you need to do it at the reception, which is way too noisy (and sometimes smell to cigarette - see below).
2. Tiles along the halls to the rooms are very slippery when wet. Considering the rainfall in the area, I would have considered already changing it, or providing with a sort of stick material.
3. Noise. The reception area, restaurants and social areas are way too noisy. Bad acoustics.
4. Cigarettes. Smokers are asked to do it outside the reception area, contiguous to the hotel entrance. Given the air flow, if you are sitting in the free wifi area, you are forced to smoke since it comes inside with the wind. Also, makes you smoke right at the entrance to the hotel.
5. Mattress at the room wasn't even. I found it uncomfortable in the center, Seems like is time to change it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort