After booking this hotel through an agent I was slightly worried about some of the negative reviews I'd read on here about the unfriendly staff and run down rooms. They couldn't have been more wrong!
My husband and I spend two nights in Panama City and joined Gamboa tours for the 1/2 day Canal Tour and the full day Emberra Indian Village visit, then we transferred to Gamboa Resort Hotel for 3 nights where we did Kayaking, the ariel tram and relaxed at the resort.
The guides and staff at the hotel were excellent and the planning of the excursions was brilliant, the hotel even sent two cars the day we transferred hotels so we could maximise our time on the trip and our luggage was waiting at the next hotel.
The place must have been refurbished since some of the previous reviews, everything was clean and modern and the views from the balcony's are all spectacular with views over the river and the banks where a herd of wild Capybara were always grazing.
The hotel has a bar, pool bar and restaurant, you can get the buffet or a la carte menu or even room service and we found all the food to be good.
I'd certainly recommend anyone to stay here and do as many of the trips as you can fit it
Panama has so much to offer from modern city, beautiful historic old town, rain forest, the wonders of the canal - we had such a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort