Getting to the resort is an adventure in itself, even with GPS added to our rental car. There are hardly any street signs - so my best advise is to print out directions with actual pictures of the road from the airport to the resort. Once there, that is what our Client Relations Manager did for our tours in Panama and it worked extremely well!
The resort is in a remote location, however it's location is what makes it so unique... right in the heart of the Rainforest - simply incredible views!! Our room on the top floor(4th) with a hammock in the balcony,facing the Chagres River , allowed breathtaking views of the sunrise. Rooms were clean and spacious.Be prepared for the dehumidifier to get full every 8 hours during the humid months.
The buffets were so-so and so was the menu. Housekeeping wasn't always on their toes with regards to our needs (3 people - 2 towels!) however, kudos to the management staff who went out of their way helping us with some much needed documents regarding our transportation. Also the Aerial tour, night tours, Lake Gatun tour were conducted by our very informed guide Gina. Wild life at it's best and Bird watchers delight indeed :)
We drove and explored El Valle, Panama city, the Mira Flores locks, and all other tourist spots.. thanks to the help of the Manager on duty who was kind enough to check the ships schedules and print out our "pictorial" road maps on every trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort