It is the little things along the way that could improve a tired, beautifully located resort.
Paint touch ups ,not a huge expense but can leave a positive impression. The ceiling in our room was disgusting. Walk around the grounds and tons of places to brighten things up.
Lighting -nothing says 'don't care' than burnt out bulbs....
Cleanliness - our room was fine but at the pool sat next to a bin that was obviously not emptied in the last 24 hours full of empty drink glasses -bug haven. Toilet bins also not freshly emptied - not so great a smell in tropical weather. Bar ledge in Monkey Bar overwhelmed by by stack of dirty glasses etc.
Services- coffee only in main restaurant in a.m. -not difficult to put a machine in the lobby , the pool area. Buffets-breakfast and lunch were fine. Dinner was a disaster-arrive at 8 to dishes that were empty and not replenished for the 40 minutes we dined . ,entrees like the fish , beef, pizza remained empty as did the bread bins, the desert offerings and the vegetables, salads. In all my years of travel and eating at more buffets than I care to admit to this was one of the worst. Refilling water and coffee was an effort - having to wave down the servers or help ourselves
Overall however I did not experience horrible service - there were greetings , attempts to put up with our Spanglish and a general effort -maybe I just happened to interact with some of the better trained personnal.
Other easy fixes- charging for wi-if is simply ridiculous / $3 for a local water in mini bar when I could get it free at bar / chair service at pool - good attempt but no consistency / having a dedicated kids area in the pool would be welcomed by those of us without them- the size and layout lends itself well to that.
Used an Ofereta Simple for this stay so can't complain about the price BUT if I paid regular rates I would not be satisfied and couldn't recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort