My wife and I stayed for 5 days taking all the tours that were available. The grounds and view are great. The first night we donned our trusty head lamps and strolled the grounds of the hotel. We were very lucky to spot several large spiders, lots of toads, lizards as well as a sea of fireflies. Half way into or walk we started hearing low pitched chirps. They seemed to be coming from the grass about 50 yards in front of the pool. As we got closer to the area we noticed several ruts that were filled with water from a previous rain. Our lights reflected the eyes of a Cayman laying in one of the ruts the "chirping was calling to her babies! Awesome! Two hours after getting there And we are face to face with her. We took a couple of photos and backed out as not to bother
Her or her brood. The food was as expected the buffet is fine just get there early. On Sundays there is a special brunch which is packed make reservation early or plan ahead. The tours are pretty good for the most part. A lot depends on which guide you get as to how much you'll see.if you take the three hour hiking tour take mosquito spray or netting. 23 bites on my face alone. We would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort