Gamboa was our second resort during our two weeks trip to Panama (first was Royal Decameron).
I really enjoyed this resort. It was in a beautiful rainforest surround by nothing but Nature. This resort is so quiet...seems like everyone is in bed by 8pm. Too funny. I was there with my husband, we were just coming back from getting married at Decameron and took 3nights in Gamboa. Here's some reviews:
One word... YUMMY! The À la carte was soo good. It's the only place where I found (within Panama) beef that would melt in your mouth. The buffet was also very good...always amazed by the Dessert Table. The wine was really good and they certainly don't dillute the alcool here (found out the hard way...but whatever that's what vacation are for!).
The only remark I have has nothing to do with the resort but with the clients (you might get some obnoxious and pretentious vacationers around you).
RESORT AND SERVICE:
The service at the resort was good. They actually had a consultant in to help them with customer service, which says a lot about how the resort's value their client and the service they offer to them. Hats off for that. The Resort itself is not that big...one pool, one à la carte and two buffet (one at the main building and the other one at the Marina). But what is amazing about this place is the amount of wildlife you can see!!! Go do the Tram, we saw Toucans, Blue Butterflies, Sloth, heard the howling monkeys, etc.
The rooms were quite nice, totally enjoyed having an hammock on the balcony and a ceiling fan over it. Big room, huge bathroom. Tv with cable, internet access if you buy it. Although, it was pretty cool to have free access to internet at the lounge (Monkey Bar). Super silent and no use for ear pluggs...unless you don't want to hear the birds at 4:30am.
In conclusion, love the place, enjoyed my 3nights, not sure if I would stay for 2wks here but would definitely come back for a week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort