We have just returned from a two-night stay at this resort.
Overall, we had a good experience. The food is mediocre and the buffet definitely needs more of a selection and improvement. The pool area is so small for the number of guests.....you really need to get to the pool early and never leave your spot. The pool itself is beautiful and well-maintained.
There are several tours offered but the prices are a rip-off! The one tour we were advised to take (from a guide!) was the Monkey Island Tour. It's worth the $36 per person price and is a nice 1.5 hour boat ride through the Canal. We understand the Aerial Tram Tour for $50 per person is not worth the price........rarely do you see wildlife on this tour. Our suggestion is to take a bike ride around the area (bikes are free to guests) and tour the area.
When leaving the Hotel, be sure to reserve a taxi ahead of time.
We reserved a taxi hours before our departure time, and even then, the taxi had not arrived! The Concierage was no where to be found and so we had to work with the front desk folks to help us out.
Overall, we had a positive experience, however, a 2 or 3 night stay is the maximum for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort