After reading all the reviews of the Gamboa, I was slightly dreading the trip. Now I wonder why everyone else is so cranky. The setting is gorgeous, and so is the pool. My biggest complaint was the mildew smell in our room. If you had allergies, it would be a problem. But I don't, and I got used to it, or it faded with a good airing out. The room itself I found very clean, and I'm picky. I found the desk staff helpful, by e-mail before we got there and in person. Indeed, they went above and beyond to help us with everything we did, even the next stage of our trip. I thought the food was well above the standard level of resort food; the fish was really good, breads ditto. It's not cheap; this is probably mainly a problem for Americans, who are used to really cheap food. In fact, most complaints seem related to price. So if you think $40 tours and $25 buffets are expensive, brace yourselves. Otherwise, relax and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort