“Great day out”

Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Gamboa
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the best day tours on the Panama Canal. Our tours showcase the flora, fauna, and the Canal operations. For a very unique experience we operate the only floating lodge on the Panama Canal. Don't just visit the Canal "LIVE IT!"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
sydney
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fantastic tour. The food was great, more than enough to eat! We saw some great animals and vegetation on the way over to the house boat and Carl kept us entertained the whole journey. The highlight was kayaking through the jungle to the waterfall after lunch.

Highly recommend this trip.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank australia4

• Finnish first
Panama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just got back from a daytrip with Captain Carl. We literally just got back, and I had to write about this. If you do nothing else in Panama, while you're visiting the city, DO THIS. It's incredible that a 45 minute drive from the center of Panama will take you to this oasis of peace, tranquility and wildlife.

I could go on about the monkeys you feed in the wild. I could go on about the stunning kayaking experience into the forest and over to a waterfall. I could go on about just how wonderful Captain Carl is, as a guide and a personality. But many others have done that in these reviews.

So I will just leave it with -- DO THIS TRIP. Just do it. You will not regret it.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CarolinaPanama
Troy, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very good tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The tour itself was delightful. Carl is awesome and very knowledgeable. The animals we saw were great, the area was beautiful lunch was amazing. The waterfall was crazy awesome.

Getting there was another story. Pickup was arranged at our hotel for 8:45am and apparently they came at 8:15 and left without us, I tried reaching customer service with loads of emails to no avail. After hours on the phone (god knows what my bill will be) we finally got a hold of Carl Davis and he paid for our taxi ride out there. I was pretty livid that I was arriving two hours late and they held up the other guests on the tour, but happy that they corrected the error by providing pay for the taxi ride. Now if he'd foot the bill for whatever my phone would be I'd totally give it five stars.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sandra S
junglelandpanama, Owner at Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I do sincerely appologize for the mix up. Things don't always go as smoothly as we would wish at times. We use a private company for our ground transportation. They have a very good track record, but a new driver didn't follow instructions. The communication problem was ours and we have taken action to improve this. It would have been easier for me to have just refunded the guests, but we don't like to leave anyone behind nor stranded.

Happy Travels,

Captain Carl
York, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Carl Offers An Amazing Jungle Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Carl met us at the National Park dock, and proceeded to give us a comprehensive tour through Lake Gatun as we approached the house boat. It was about 2 hours so make sure to use the facilities before departure. The ride was full of wildlife, Al Capone's yacht, and rich canal history. The food on Carl's boat was great, and he went out of his way to be vegan friendly to one of our students. Tamales, chicken, beef, coleslaw, fresh fruit, coffee and tea, (both of an excellent quality) and beers for an extremely reasonable price since you can't really find beer in the jungle. The kayak excursion was great as well to a small waterfall. Later that night after a great dinner we went crocodile spotting and had a bonfire at the Ranchito. The sound of Howler monkeys woke us all up to breakfast of fresh fruit, pancakes, and more delicious coffee. Captain Carl's overnight tour was just the pick-me-up I needed after working in the jungle for 10 days, and was probably the highlight of my time in Panama. The relaxing atmosphere, wildlife, and attitude for fun and adventure make me want to go back to Panama just to chill with Captain Carl. He is a great guy and I would recommend him to anyone for an authentic jungle experience.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank BMacDonald2012
Grand Cayman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

An absolutely amazing day... Captain Carl and team know so much and share so much of the Panama Jungle, Flora and wildlife. I am pretty sure we learned more on this trip than any done in the past. From what the locals use trees for, to iguanas eating hibiscus blooms and anything you can imagine in between. We had a great tour of the lake, saw 3 different types of monkeys, had the opportunity to be close enough to share a banana with 1 type and that was before we even got on the houseboat!

Lunch was definitely homemade, true to Panama and quite delicious. Cold water and soda included and cold local beers for 1$! After that we took a nice trip in a kayak, learned about even more trees and wildlife and wound up at a waterfall. Jumping off the waterfall and spending some time in fresh water is a great refresher for the trip back to the houseboat.

After that more experiences with wildlife. I don't want to give away the surprises, so I will leave it at that. I was closer and learned more about some of the amazing creatures of the area than I could have ever imagined. Definitely worth twice the price he charges.

Hands down the best day of our week in Panama. Thanks Capt. Carl, we will be back, we will tell our friends and family, we are fans!

Visited August 2012