TripAdvisor

from $110.00
More Info
from $395.00
More Info
All reviews care and attention photography trip snail kites take pictures gatun lake pauline equipment 9north ecosystem photos visitors iguanas knowledge panama nature animals boat
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Andrew and his tour are a must-do when visiting PTY! Must. Do. First, Andrew himself is wonderful. Very nice guy who is an even better guide with a bit of an inspirational story behind his journey to Panama. Friendly, informative, attentive, you can tell from the moment you depart the dock that the tour is far more than piling people onto a boat and getting through it all as quickly as possible. He is patient and ensures each photographer maximizes their experience, whether a photo-veteran like myself or a newbie like my wife (by the way, she caught some stellar shots so don't be discouraged if you "are not a photographer"). The intimate one-on-one is worth the price in and of itself, frankly! Both Andrew and Johnny (the boat captain) know what they're doing and keep a sharp eye out for everything from flora to fauna. Do this tour if you want a more authentic experience than being piled onto a boat with 30 others and rushed through the "most popular spots". Andrew loves the natural world and the animals in it like we do, so as kindred spirits in that sense, this tour was worth every dollar. If you're experience driven, this is a tour you must do! Thanks again, Andrew & Johnny! We had a blast!

Date of experience: October 2019
Rich N, Owner at 9 North Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Antony
Yes, we did have a blast. Awesome weather, fantastic location and great company. The peace and tranquility of the lake and forest is really special.
Thank you for you kind words.
All the best for your travels in Panama.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wanted to surprise my husband for our wedding anniversary, he loves photography and this tour caught my eye because we both love nature. Everything from the beginning to the end was absolutely amazing!I contacted Andrew via WhatsApp and he answered all of my questions patiently and even provided a contact information for the driver to pick us up from Panama City (Mayeli is amazing too!). From the moment we arrived, Andrew and Johnny made sure we had a great time. The professional cameras and chairs made us feel like we were on an African safari! We saw so much wildlife! Crocodiles, monkeys, many birds - all of this in fantastic surroundings and complemented by Andrew's insights and fascinating details about each animal. He loves nature and animals as much as we do and he has lived a fascinating life! We have to mention that this tour is 100% PLASTIC-FREE (yay!) and comes with breakfast coffee and a delicious lunch. BOOK IT NOW! THANK YOU, ANDREW AND JOHNNY!

Date of experience: October 2019
Rich N, Owner at 9 North Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Veronika & Antony.
Thank you so much. We love what we do, and it is such a pleasure to share our experiences with good people such as you. Hopefully, collectively, we can make a meaningful contribution to this wonderful planet.
Enjoy the rest of your trip in Panama.

Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

I found this tour browsing TA, and I couldn’t have been luckier! I had the chance not only to see my favourite animals up-close, but also to take incredible pictures of them :D
Everything from pick up to drop off was perfect, and Andrew is one of the most knowledgeable people I’ve met; you don’t want to miss out this experience!
Thank you so much for everything to the whole crew!

Rich N, Owner at 9 North Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2019

Hi Adele
Thank you.
Once again the Rainforest and weather didn't disappoint us and we got some amazing photos. Look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Panama. This time, you experienced the forest in the Green season. Next time it will be in the Dry season, when you will get to see an extraordinary array of flowers and water fowl.
See you soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

My experience with Andrew for the Capture the moment tour was amazing. I really enjoyed the nature wildlife and just being able to take in all scenery while photographing the beauty of it.

Below are two photos I took while on the tour with Andrew at Gatun Lake, Panama. I would definitely recommend anyone for this tour especially those who are really into photography but also love to relax and see the beauty of what Nature, Rainforest has to give. Great for Family, solo, and couples.

Date of experience: August 2019
Rich N, Owner at 9 North Panama, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Hi Michelle
Thank you. It was such a pleasure having you on the boat, and despite it supposed to be the wet season, we had perfect weather conditions again.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

It was wonderful. With this Canon camera and fantastic 600mm lens you will definitely shoot the most amazing photos even without experience. Andrew will tell you the important things about the camera and will give you tips and tricks.
Thank you Andrew and Captain Hawkeye.

Rich N, Owner at 9 North Panama, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Hi Freya
Thank you. Despite it supposed to be the wet season, once again the early morning weather was perfect, and we had a great tour.
All the best