“Best Bar Snack EVER”

Minnis Bay Fish and Chips
Ranked #18 of 41 Restaurants in Birchington
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Fish & Chip takeaway and restaurant.
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

As always I found the staff to be accommodating and cooked me the best snack ever. Cockle popcorn! Batter was perfect. Salad fresh and two types of bread.
Thank you to all the staff and head chef x

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Being a local, when this fish and chip shop was reopened after extensive refurbishment we decided to pay it a visit. After finding a voucher in the local paper for buy one get one free we went in. It was lovely and clean and after placing my order with my voucher my bill came to nearly £8 for a large cod and chips (this included the free one !!!) Once i got home the paper was nearly dripping in oil and this was all you could taste. Very disappointed and will not be returning.

4  Thank sperky1975
hhayer, Manager at Minnis Bay Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Our large cod and chips is less than £6. Furthermore the offer for buy 1 get 1 free was only for April and not for March, the time you say you visited. We have invested heavily in this business and are proud to have recently attained our 5 stars from the food and hygiene authority. We have invested for the long run and our staff including my self have been in this trade for many years and have trained with the federation of fish fryers to produce the very best quality food. One of our trainers is a former winner of the Fish Fryer of the year award. I am sorry if the product you received is not of the quality that we would wish to provide and i offer my sincere apologies.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Brilliant service, great decor, well wrapped, cooked in palm oil, leading to indigestion and cheap tasting food, nice shop, shame about the oil.

3  Thank Thanet_Traveler

We use Frymax oil which is a vegetable palm oil. Frymax™ is the leading all-vegetable frying fat for the fish frying trade with an enviable reputation for quality built over 50 years. Frymax is an additive-free, longer-lasting product delivering perfect performance time after time.

Frymax contains no hydrogenated oils and has less than one percent of trans-fatty acids.

Frymax users have always been well represented in the annual Fish & Chip Shop of the Year competition organised by Seafish. The 2003 and 2005 winners are both Frymax users, as are a number of the regional winners. For the past six years, more regional winners have used Frymax than any other brand. Winners of the 2011 and 2012 Drywite/NFFF Young Fish Frier of the Year award are also Frymax users. Five of the ten regional winners of the 2013 Awards are Frymax users

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just came back to this area after a few months and what a pleasant shock. I came to this chippy because last time I came here the food was really nice even though the place was a bit of a dive. I was shocked when I drove here last week. What a transformation. The place looks so good, clean and inviting. The owners have clearly spent some money. More importantly the food tastes even better than before. I had a large cod and chips in the restaurant with mushy peas and a cold coke. In my opinion this is the best place by miles and one of the best fish and chips meals I,ve had for years. I've recommended it to all my friends. Just wanted to say well done to the management and hope you guys keep it up. I've told all my friends about u so don't let me down

1  Thank harry h
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Looks nice, clean inside and friendly staff.

However,
Size's are small for the price.
Quite a few chips had black marks (don't know if this is normal or not)
Saveloy was not hot
And there appeared to be a black (I think) eyelash in my chips!

I do understand it is recently under new management and do wish you success, I'm hoping this is constructive criticism and can be worked on.

1  Thank Milliewoowoo