“The Minnis a Gem”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Situated overlooking Minnis Bay ,Near Birchington ,Kent ,this establishment is of the highest standard of the culinary art that we have encountered .The proprietor & chef ,Jason Freeman has created a tremendous following with his dishes .
My starter of King Prawns ,Scallops & rope grown Scottish mussels in a garlic & chilli butter sauce was fantastic .My wife chose sauteed Scottish King Scallops ,served with a homemade chilli relish ,equally impressive.
Locally sourced & produced pork with a crackling ,came with mangetout peas,carrot batons,garden peas & French beans,local roast potatoes & apple sauce Ohh ! just gorgeous .
Fresh South Coast Plaice was my Wifes choice,pan fried ,with parsley butter ,new seasons potatoes & a side dish of local vegetables .
Dessert choices were very difficult & mouth watering .My classic creme brulee was as good as any iv"e had in France The trio of fresh strawberry dessert ,included a pot of junket satisfied my wifes desire for sweet things .
An Italian style coffee machine,real ales ,& a comprehensive wine list all add up to this restaurant being the complete experience .
Music nights,special themed food nights ,free parking on approach road (pay & display @ rear),Beautifull scenic beach & sunset views ,all make this one of the best ever restaurants.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you are looking for good quality varied lunches and evening meals then this is the place for you. All ingredients are locally sourced and the meat is from the renowned farms of Quex Park.( I am a 'sausage man' and these are amongst the best that I have found)
Preparation and presentation are the keywords and Jason ensures that all staff are aware of that.
If you are still ready for a sweet afterwards they are amazing. Mentioning the staff, I have always found them polite and helpful and the younger ones are being trained to the usual high standard.
I think that Jason has long since realised that if you aspire to be the best then you MUST BE the best. Wish I could get there moe often!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

What can I say. Poor food. Poor service. Dirty tables, floors and glasses. Worst still is seeing the chef out font smoking in his chef whites! Disgusting.

10  Thank Belle R
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We booked a table of 6 and apart from the fish and chips the food was horrid. The food took ages to arrive, was luke warm, over cooked and tasteless . We only sent one meal back that was Inedible and the rest of us ate what we could and just decided never to return. What a shame. We used to love it there but never again.

7  Thank jade989
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Looks like a large beach cafe but is in fact a great bar & gourmet restaurant right on the front at stunning Minnis Bay. Fabulous food from chef Jason and his friendly team, locally sourced, imaginative and beautifully presented (particularly the desserts). We've eaten there a couple of times and were so impressed by the food, value, ambience and service that we held our wedding lunch upstairs - every detail was perfect and our guests loved it.