“Wonderful”

Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hollingbourne
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had our last meal at the restaurant today after staying for a few nights, thought it was reasonably priced, food was Devine and we were well looked after, our waitress took good care of us as she was on her own and did what she could to make us happy, a lot smilier than some of the staff there. I highly recommend some one tells her what good work she's doing! Check in was quick, rooms good standard would defiantly come back. Grounds where lovely too!

• Stayed: October 2013
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear LetsDoIt
Thank you very much for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and especially the food. I will be very pleased to share your compliments with the team and have noted your other comments too.
We hope to welcome you back to a Mercure hotel again soon.
Dominic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hotel easily found good parking helpful staff dining a little hectic because of coach party Room cramped because of unused single bed our least liked experience was dinner when coach passengers made no attempt dress well

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Allan H
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am pleased you found the team helpful. We do have a number of different room types and sizes and are always happy to offer alternatives whenever possible.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Checked it to the hotel which was pleasant enough to be shown a room that was very old and tired (mould in the bathroom, falling net curtain and electrical equipment last pat tested in 2007 etc). Found fan and safe in room didn't work and reported both individually to reception to be told something would be sorted shortly. Well nothing happened...

After a swim we decided to return to reception (2 1/2 hours after reporting) where we complained about the whole room and experience so far to be told 'something would be sorted' and we went back to our room. 45 minutes later we were shown in to another room which was the standard we expected of a 3* hotel, but again lights in the room were missing light bulbs! This time we couldn't be bothered to argue so we went down to dinner.

We had reserved the table at checkin for 8:30 but the maître'd said our table was just being laid up (and made a sarcastic comment about a room change) and we should get a drink at the bar, which we did. Anyhow, 30 minutes later we were still waiting as we watched people that booked at 9pm walk straight in and be seated. A further 20 minutes later we were shown to our table walking past 4 other made up tables to another round of sarcastic comments from the maître'd.

Food was ok if you like pub grub. We decided not to eat in the restaurant for the second night as it was clear the staff had been speaking about us (and our room change) behind our backs.

We really are disappointed in this hotel as we had booked it as a special getaway for a special anniversary and a break from medical treatment for my partner. We have decided to never use the Maidstone Mercure (we made a special trip from Bristol) ever again and infact would prefer to stay in a travel lodge or premier inn from now on - as least the rooms are better kept!

Room Tip: Book at a Premier Inn
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Martin R

Dear Martin
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback which will allow us to continually monitor and improve our service and standards and I was very concerned to read your comments. I will be investigating the points raised and would meanwhile like to assure you that we welcome guests from all over the world and that bedroom changes are not unusual and I cannot apologise enough if any mention came across in this way. All bedrooms are regularly maintained and electrical equipment is routinely checked by an independent company. We are well known for providing good, friendly service and I will ensure that we maintain these standards and that any lapse is corrected. The Brasserie menu changes throughout the year with Sea bream fillet, popular comfort food and favourites such as our 100% Aberdeen Angus burger collection. Our Autumn menu is due out soon.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A friend and I got a spa break to this hotel, rooms ok, clean, but don't do more than look at the beds because they will move across the room, the pool area was quiet which was nice, but the steam room was out of order and the sauna was inside the ladies changing rooms, which was odd. It wasn't until we went to dinner that things really deteriorated, after being asked what I would like from the menu, I was then informed that when I was ready for my starter it would be available on the buffet, as were all the meals, the plate of pasta I got I immediately left, it had obviously been sitting on a hot plate for some considerable time, the fish cakes were the same and dry as sand, I didn't even bother staying for dessert. Breakfast the next morning looked just as dry and suffering from being left on a hot plate for too many hours, so I just stuck to fruit. Would I ever visit this hotel again - not ever, very very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Mrs OzKent
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback which will help us to monitor and improve our service and standards. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and will look into the issue with the bed, most of which have recently been replaced. We have a choice of dining options including the brasserie menu which should always be available, a three course menu of the day or a hot and cold buffet which is a popular choice. We take pride in the food we offer and I am sorry we did not meet your expecatiaions on this occassion.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Quick check in, rooms ok, could be a bit more spacious, but clean and pleasant. Got a bit hot during the night and saddened the fact you can't open the windows very far but fan in bottom of wardrobe. Restaurant pleasant with nice views. Spa faculties really nice, pleasant staff. Definitely value for money, returning here for a spa weekend with friends and Aldo booked for the New Year Eve Gala.

• Stayed: September 2013
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Nessymoomoo
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back. Maybe try the latest treatment next time - warm bamboo stick massage.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

location is fantastic plenty of parking was greeted with a warm welcome check in was prompt got to my room found room hadn't been dusted and could of been cleaned better overall maintenance of the room was poor lamps hadn't been changed when blown, door to the bathroom cracking at the bottom tiles in the bathroom were dirty room service was quick and efficient breakfast was good great selection staff could of been friendlier was sat to a table with missing cutlery and not been cleaned properly. went to dinner service on the night staff where rude and didn't seam to enjoy there job was made to feel like i was an inconvenience to them been rushed i would of understood if the restaurant was busy but it was hardly full at all overall i was left feeling disappointed when all i heard and read was good reviews.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank christhesparky87
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear christhesparky
Thank you for your comments which allow us to continually monitor and improve our service and standards. I apologise for the issues in your room and will ensure these are brought back to standard. We generally recieve very good feedback about the freindliness of the team throughout the hotel and I was very concerned to read your comments which I will investigate further. We value each of our guests and I am sorry you felt anything less than satisfied. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to offer a more personal apology.
Sincerely
Dominic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollingbourne
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Travelodge Maidstone Central
Travelodge Maidstone Central
#11 of 17 in Maidstone
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel? Share your experiences!