“Return”
Review of The Windmill

The Windmill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Windmill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: British Pub serving Seasonal Kentish Produce.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I took friends here when it initially opened, disappointed, but decided to go back and try again.
I am very pleased I did.
The food was excellent and the service greatly improved.
The coffee needs attention but that was a minor irritation compared with the overall experience.
Not sure about the large dog next to us laying on the seat.
Very well behaved but as I said not sure.
This was a Richard Phillips Travel Zoo offer but the whole experience meant I would return.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to The Windmill after seeing an offer on Travelzoo. The food was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to others. The service wasn't overly friendly but the staff were attentive.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family took me to the Windmill for my 59th birthday.We had been a couple of years ago, and it very good, so we were all looking forward to another visit. I will not go on an on complaining,however it was a complete disaster.We waited 45 minutes for starters,then it came installments,every one had finished before i got mine. The main course was not good.Fish and chips like they had been carried under someones arm for an hour.Lamb that had more fat than a sumo wrestler,and roast beef to die for,yes it was so well cooked and presented except the veg was stone cold with luke warm potatoes.and only a sample of gravy or jus, all served on a stone cold plate with a massive carbon footprint for a yorkshire pudding, wont go on about the desserts, thats another story. It was such a shame they did not get it right. The Manager was sympathetic ,and did make some ammends.however I would rather have had a great meal and paid the full price.

1  Thank JulieJKent
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My 60th Birthday Sunday lunch - such a shame. Table booked for 2.00 p.m. but at 3.30 we had not yet been served. Food presumably "Nouvelle Cuisine" but actually very disappointing - lobster couldn't be found in the glass of lettuce , burnt toast with the rabbit parfait and tiny tasteless portions all round. I informed the manager politely that the service was disappointing and we were served eventually. My children had chosen what they thought was an "upmarket" venue for a special day and were mortified that it was spoilt. We will certainly never go back and will not recommend this venue.

1  Thank donaldsdaughter
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked a table for 6pm on a Friday night and were told at the time of booking that we had the table until 8pm which was ok by us, however the second we were seated we were reminded that we only had the table till 8pm we had literally just arrived so that made us feel a bit un welcome.
We had a Travelzoo voucher so were given the set winter menu to choose from, we were surprised to see that none of the main courses are served with vegetables other than potatoes so be prepared to pay extra for veg! The food was very nice but didn't wow us, it's quite expensive and because Richard Phillips owns it we expected a wow!
At 7.45 we had finished our meal and bearing in mind the time restraint we tried to catch the eye of a waiter so we could ask for the bill, this took 10 minutes, the bill arrived and then came the wait for a waiter to collect our payment, eventually at 8.20 we managed to get a waitress to come over and when I said we had been waiting 20 minutes and I thought they needed the table at 8pm she replied in a foreign accent ' oh well you know cheap meal' and giggled, iI was speechless so simply smiled back!
We would go back if we had another voucher but not if we had to pay the full price.