“How much????”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shedfield
London
“How much????”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pleasant staff and nice rooms are let down badly by extortionate costs of Internet access (£15 per 24 hrs) and soft drinks at the bar. £3.95 for an orange and lemonade and £3.60 for a pint of post-mix coke are extraordinary.

These costs will probably deter us from booking again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
London, UK
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked a 4 night stay at the rate of £124 per night, B+B which I felt was a pretty good deal. The room (actually a small suite) was large and adequate for our family and having a fairly good breakfast included was a plus. The package price compared favourably to many other hotels in the area that we looked at.

Had we paid more, I might have felt more disappointed with some aspects: e.g. certain room requests made at booking and then promised by the front desk were not followed through. Bathroom was very grotty in places and in need of simple cosmetic fixes. The bar and casual restaurant completely lack atmosphere and the food there was not very good for the price charged (try one of the many nearby pubs instead esp. The Talisman). As others have mentioned there is no air-con in the rooms and our room had no fridge either.

One plus point is that have they set up a large family breakfast area with high chairs and kids cutlery at the ready and a small collection of Peppa Pig toys in the corner.

All in all, it's an adequate hotel with nothing in particular that's great about it. Perhaps it is primarily a golfer's hotel (I'm not a golfer and didn't try any of the golf-related facilities at all). Golfing aside, there is a bit of a 'motorway services' feel about the place. Try to get a discounted rate if you can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was staying at the Marriott on a 2-day golf break with friends.
The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable and clean.
The facilities were excellent, including tennis, swimming pool, golf range and golf course.
The meals we had were all included in the deal we had and were all great and surpassed my expectations.

The golf course was interesting, challenging and it excellent condition - We all really enjoyed playing the 18-hole course twice.

What made our break that extra bit more enjoyable was the staff. Without exception, the staff were friendly, chatty, polite and very helpful - nothing was a problem and everything we requested was delivered with a positive attitude - most refreshing!!

I wouldn't hesitate in returning as we found our golf break to be fantastic value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

A spa day was booked by a friend of mine, rang to book extra treatments sorry will ring you back no ring back. On the day no help or want for us to book extras, the manager of the spa was a joke, she talked through the whole treatment, then left in a room someone will be with you, noone came for half an hr, then when we went to find someone, the spa staff member then bad mouthed the manager. Then to the pool grubby un loved and full of kids not really relaxing as nowhere to sit. Then to lunch which was dreadful. A salad sent back 3 times only to be then remade. It only had 5 ingredients. Noone welcomed us, no one made us feel special, no one was helpful or useful. All in all I wouldn't go back here and as for spa there isn't one

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank TravellingSingleMum
Peter B, General Manager at Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It is sad to read such negative feedback. Whilst I am aware that we are very busy in the holiday season with children, that leaves no excuse for the poor service. I have taken up this feedback with the team and thank you for highlighting these issues.

Travelers are raving about these Shedfield hotels

London
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a normal experience at this hotel during our stay, with some dislikes, but our overall rating is about an experience that we had after the check out, when we arrived home and I realised that I forgot a pair of trousers in our room. I called to the hotel and after 4 days waiting for an answer, they said me that my trouser was not found. I'm 100% sure that my trouser was there, and I think that it is a huge problem for a hotel. I'm extremely disappointed with this hotel. I'll never be there again and I'll tell what happened for how many people I can, because it's not about the money or any value, but it's about feel confident that we are dealing with good people, who take in consideration what is or could be important for people or much better, for the guests, the clients from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that we were unable to locate your trousers. It would be easy for me to state the robust process we have for all lost property; however that would not help wither you or I as you have still lost a pair of trousers. I can assure you we have checked all of our ‘logs’ to ensure that they were not incorrectly logged into our storage for lost property. Sadly we have not found them. However if I am able to help in the future please do contact the hotel directly.
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing spectacular about this place, but it is a good location for leaving on a cruise. Service was ok - friendly, but good naturedly slightly incompetent. We ordered a taxi to meet us at Heathrow, but they gave them the wrong flight number and terminal. Everything works out - but the process can be frustrating.

• Stayed August 2013
I am sorry to hear about the confusion over your transfer. If we can support any future bookings please do contact the hotel directly so we can ensure all runs smoothly. We hope to welcome you back soon.
young eastbourne
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked four nights here in a suite for bed and breakfast. On arrival in the reception there were three members of staff behind the desk, I was left standing there for a little while until someone actually acknowledged me! Eventually, after a little bit of a discussion about who was going to serve me we got there! We made our own way up to our room. The corridors were exceptionally drab, dirty carpets and chipped paint. The room was small and the sofa bed, for our son was awful, uncomfortable with a grotty blanket on it. Again the whole room was scruffy and tired. We complained and was told that we were in one of the better rooms! We had no intention of staying, so we checked out and were given a full refund.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LJH4SUN
Thank you for your comments, I am truly sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. I have spoken to the check in team in relation to your welcome arrival.
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shedfield
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
#1 of 1 in Whiteley
New Place Hotel
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath

Been to Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!