Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club
New Place Hotel(Shirrell Heath)
$133
$88
$85
$143
$64
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
$77
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
$72
$120
$100
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
$72
$76
1,098 results
All reviewsgolf coursejunior suitegolf breaktwo double bedsswimming poolpeppa pig worldleisure clubtennis courtssteam roommain restaurantchanging roomsround of golfpaultons parkdriving rangespa facilitiespublic areasplenty of parking
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As we live many miles from Southampton Docks we decided to travel down for the start of our cruise the day before embarkation in case of traffic problems on the day.We found an excellently priced package at this hotel which gave us 26 days parking and bed and breakfast for one night.We were greeted by friendly staff who came out to help us with our luggage and when I asked if we could have a quiet room on the top floor the receptionist quickly found us one which,although we had to wait for it to be serviced,was in an excellent position,away from the noise of the large wedding party which was at the hotel.Breakfast was served in a light,airy restaurant and the staff were attentive and helpful.The quality of the food was good,catering for all tastes.The receptionist called us a cab to the docks which was also part of the package and this arrived on time with a friendly driver who handled all the luggage for us.All in all,including our return journey to pick up our car from Meon Valley,it was money well spent.

Room Tip: Top floor if possible as a lot of golfers come to this hotel early at weekends as there is a very good course here and there could be car noise on lower floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diane b
Peter B, General Manager at Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear our package worked for you and met your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary there last weekend. We stayed two nights and ate at both restaurants and cannot fault the service or food. The lead lady in Broadstreet (who booked our meal and was in charge of breakfast - Michaela?) was absolutely lovely and the customer service she showed us and all the other guests was second to none.

Our room (Junior Suite) was lovely, clean and the facilities were fantastic. We used the spa for treatments and the gym for the pool, steam room & jacuzzi. All clean, up to the minute equipment and changing rooms were great.

Thank you for the wine you gave us on our first night too.

We had a really lovely time and it made our anniversary (which by the way was our very first weekend away from our children!) a wonderful experience.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Suites were lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing a review. I always share feedback with the team and will be sure to pass this on. The team are always motivated to see their efforts are appreciated. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here for many years and it used to be a lovely classy hotel, however in recent years its just not holding up to the competition and I think this will be my last stay here.
The staff are nice and friendly but the whole hotel is in need of an update.
I stay here on business around once per month but I think I will go elsewhere in future.
I'm usually on my own and I eat in the hotel at the Zest restaurant to avoid having to go back out in the car again, the food was so bad on my first night that I even contemplated eating at McDonalds on the second night just to avoid eating there again but I decided to give it another chance - I really wish I hadn't bothered!
the menu is boring and has a real lack of healthy options. On the first night I had chicken pasta, the chicken was so dry and you could tell it was reheated food. The second night I opted for a burger in the hope that they could not screw up junk food but it was so rubbery and salty it was awful, it was the worst burger I've ever had! It also said it comes with salad by there was no salad when it came out.
The breakfast food is good and actually there are lots of choices so this I was happy with.

The gym is also quite good although it does seem to be open to public for use as the pool is often filled with kids and swimming lessons and this week the jacuzzi was full of little kids so you couldn't get near it which is disappointing if you want to chill out after a hard days work.

The rooms are small and although they are clean they lack something. The iron is the worst iron I've come across, it's fixed to the ironing board (to avoid theft I assume) and its hard to set up and totally impossible to pack away! I gave up trying in the end and just left it up the whole time, the iron itself is useless because its for no steam function so trying to ensure your clothes are smart enough for meetings is just not going to happen. It could be so much better if they just put normal irons in the hotel, they charge enough for the rooms so its not as if you are paying holiday inn prices!
There is no free Internet in the rooms which annoys me as a work traveller and this where the near by D'Vere hotel could end up taking most of the custom in the future.

All in all I was quite uninspired about this place which is a shame because it used to be the place to go.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Impressme-1980

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your issues with this review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the meals in Zest, our new menu starts in June. We also have a specials board. We will also endeavour to meet any requests if you wish for a healthy option outside of the menu.

We have replaced most of our irons with steam irons (unfortunately not all). I do agree with your feedback and that is why I am changing them.

Marriot has also now moved to complimentary internet in public areas.

I do hope we can meet your needs in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel and still impressed. The staff were all very friendly and professional. We were with my 11 year old grand daugher and we opted to eat in the Broad Street rather than in the Zest restaurant and the food was lovely, the service was a little slow as they were very busy but this did not spoil the evening.
The rooms were quiet and spacious, we wished that we had booked for longer.

Room Tip: rooms at the front face the car park, it did not bother us
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always great to share such feedback with the hotel team. We look forward to you staying again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed one night at this Marriott as part of a Peppa Pig World package booked through Paultons. It seemed like everyone staying there was either golfing or going to see Peppa!

Positives: The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious and well laid out. Food was good (both dinner at the Zest restaurant and the set breakfast). Surroundings were beautiful and very peaceful. Service was great -- people went out of their way to help us and responded quickly to any requests (cot blankets and ice arrived at the room within minutes of phoning, the waitress at breakfast asked if she could bring a hot chocolate to cheer up my son who was feeling ill).

However, there was one big negative: We'd called to book two cots the day before checking in and was assured they would be in the room. The front desk also offered to make us a dinner reservation at the restaurant for the night of our arrival, as they expected it to be busy. When we got to the room there were no cots, and no record of our request. The best the hotel could offer were two travel cots, which arrived after an hour or so. When we got to the restaurant, it was the same story - no record of our reservation and there were no tables left. Luckily the waitress took pity on us and let us use a table that had been reserved for a later dining slot. We were already stressed from a long day of travel and crowded theme park, so this extra stress spoiled the evening.

Overall I would recommend the hotel, but definitely worth double checking that any additional requests have been put on the system before you arrive!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our team are always grateful to hear their efforts are appreciated. I am sorry to see we did not communicate your restaurant reservation correctly however I can confirm we have purchased additional travel cots to avoid any future demand issues. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.