1,919 results
All reviews signature room east wing entertainment team evening entertainment historic rooms daytime activities tribute band ballroom dancing games room turkey and tinsel rifle shooting the main house leisure centre main restaurant afternoon tea night break courtyard room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I arrived Friday lunch time although we had early checkin when we went to the room it wasn't ready because of an electrical fault. We were not happy thinking this was not a good start to our break but Julia the receptionist was very helpful and polite. She sent us off for a coffee while she sorted out the problem. We cannot fault the hotel, the food was great, lots of choice and our waiter Edmund was professional, funny and nothing was too much trouble. The entertainment on all three nights was great, the team work extremely hard and kept us on the dance floor every night. Our only negative was the VIP experience, we have booked this previously on other Warner breaks and have received a bottle of wine between two or a drink of our choice, waiter service on the Saturday night. This break go to the bar with a card to buy a drink up to £5, we still had a table cloth, a bowl of crisps and nuts but at a cost of £15 each not value for money. Apart from that we had a really enjoyable weekend and can recomend Nidd Hall.

1  Thank Janet B
rogertriggs, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Nidd Hall, we do appreciate
your feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all we have to offer, particularly our fantastic restaurant
service.
I will of course pass on your kind comments to Julia and Edmund, they will be thrilled to read them.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Nidd Hall. We had a signature room which was clean and roomy. We thought the pillows were hard until I realised there is a "pillow menu" and after a word with reception soft pillows were speedily provided. Food on the first 2 nights was excellent but veg and beef were not so good on the third night, but not bad enough to lose a star. Paula and Oana (spelling wrong, can't remember correct version) were excellent serving staff. The in-house entertainers were absolutely brilliant, comedian (John? Evans) also excellent. Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2020
rogertriggs, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your fantastic review, It is pleasing to note that we are your favourite Warner Hotel.
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food, our excellent team and our outstanding
entertainment offering.

I will of course pass on your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back
in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Despite a couple issues on arrival it was a good break away in a lovely hotel.
Our room was miles away which was difficult for my husband who is disabled.
The room was clean and comfortable looking. We had been in five minutes when we realised workmen were above drilling painting moving things. As it happened the boss of the builders was outside our room and apologised for the noise. I couldn’t phone reception as the phone didn’t work, so I had to hike back there to find out what was going on. The chap on reception said we should have been told about the renovations being carried out , but I would not have booked to stay had I known. Anyway he kindly moved us to another room (72) which was great.
The food was very good, as was the service. The entertainment was good too.
All the staff were polite and helpful which was nice and the guests were all very friendly too.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at Nidd Hall, we do appreciate it.

I was pleased to hear that in general you enjoyed your stay, I do apologise for the sound transfer
from the contractors as we continue our exciting refurbishment programme, this will be complete
by the end of the month.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We have stayed at Nidd hall before and had prebooked a 2 night stay in a signature room, on arrival I asked if there were any upgrades available and were told there where. We were given the Nidderdale suite and it had just been refurbished. It was outstanding in the standard of finish. It was given us at a reasonable cost.
The meals have greatly improved and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Never book best rooms try for upgrade on arrival, get a room overlooking the gardens
Date of stay: January 2020
rogertriggs, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at NIdd Hall, we do appreciate
your lovely feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the fantastic Nidderdale Suite and also enjoyed our
excellent dining options.

I will of course pass on your kind comments and I do hope we will have the opportunity to
welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

The room was large and beds comfortable,but found crisps under one bed and a 50 p piece under another! Obviously not hoovered up after last guests and edges of carpet were very dusty too as were tops of fittings,phone handset cable(in the loops) and doors.

Food was good and interesting and the cookery demonstration was excellent,the chef had a great sense of humour.
The Swimming Pool was ok once immersed but a tad cool for me,the jacuzzi was just right!!

Paul Boardman was entertaining and the Gareth Oliver show was innovative,the music and sound on both those nights was just right,however the gentleman running the sound system on the Sunday night was way over loud and really spoiled the Majestic Voices and their Queen tribute, such a shame,they were very good but we had to leave early as our ears were ringing!!
The map of the rooms was confusing until you realised the site is on a slope and the main house and East wing are on different levels .I wasn't the only confused person, maybe a 3D outline drawing showing the different levels ,as well as the detailed one?

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for your review I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Nidd Hall.
Can I apologise regarding the issues you found in your room, I will of course inform the
Housekeeping Team.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all the other activities and have noted your
comments regarding volume in the Pavilion.

Your 3D plan of the building is a really innovative idea and will take this forward as a
future proposal.

Once again, thank you for your feedback we do appreciate it.